. moved

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
aubford

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by aubford » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:15 pm

AUDIO EFFECTS

EQ Eight
-Make the EQ frequency settings stay the same in relation to one another even if you turn them all up to 20Khz and back down again with a MIDI controller. You will be able to make the EQ Eight into a workable filter sweep effect for DJing by assigning each frequency to the same midi controller, you can use that to sweep all of them at once. Right now it does not work in this way because they all get smashed together when you sweep them all and some of the individual filters hit 20Khz

789lwnm2

Post by 789lwnm2 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:10 pm

EQ 8: Linear Phase Mode !!

Midi Plugin: "microtonality"
- let´s you enter any division of an octave, say 24 steps/octave: C1 on keyboard = pitch C1, C2 on keyboard = pitch F#, C3 on keyboard = pitch C2
- let´s you enter amount of Cents for each half step on the midi keyboard.
- it should also allow combinations, say C1-F1 is 20 Cents per step, F#1-G is 33 cents, G#1-B1 is 44 steps. these values are valid for each octave
- also: Cent values for each individual note: C1-C2 33 cents, C#2-F4 69 Cents, F#4 - end = 39 Cents

and of course, sampler, operator, analog, collision and everything else must understand it (if they don´t already.)

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:06 pm

789lwnm2 wrote:EQ 8: Linear Phase Mode !!

Midi Plugin: "microtonality"
- let´s you enter any division of an octave, say 24 steps/octave: C1 on keyboard = pitch C1, C2 on keyboard = pitch F#, C3 on keyboard = pitch C2
- let´s you enter amount of Cents for each half step on the midi keyboard.
- it should also allow combinations, say C1-F1 is 20 Cents per step, F#1-G is 33 cents, G#1-B1 is 44 steps. these values are valid for each octave
- also: Cent values for each individual note: C1-C2 33 cents, C#2-F4 69 Cents, F#4 - end = 39 Cents

and of course, sampler, operator, analog, collision and everything else must understand it (if they don´t already.)
definetly a +1.

esky

Post by esky » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 pm

I'd like to have a function where you can preview samples in the browser backwards...
...and of course a timestretching option for simpler and sampler samples...
...and batch sample converting for sampler...
...and a reverb that sounds like a Lexicon 480L (:-))...
...and free choice of shortcuts...
... :?:

pyrolator

Post by pyrolator » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:36 pm

I have one big wish:

Would you please make the "open/close folder" command remoteable ?

It would be such a great help working in huge setups with many folders.
On stage the command to open a folder is pretty small and when I have to work with the mouse, I get kind of nervous. Everything else is remotable why not the "open folder"?

thanks and best wishes
pyro

eischeid

Post by eischeid » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Below are my wish list items. Thank you for considering them!!

- Native Linux version - I am tired of screwing with Windows, and I don't use Macs (I don't mind them, just don't use them). I am thinking that a Linux version would be more efficient and allow Live to perform better than all of the baggage of Windows. I would love to just be able to load live into a laptop running Ubuntu Linux and Gnome, or something like that. Of course, you'd need to convince M-Audio to make native Linux drivers for their boxes. The upcoming Google Chrome operating system will be Linux-based, so Linux may be much more widespread in the near future.

- better organization and presentation of devices, instruments and effects in the browser. Currently it is just a hierarchical view and all of the items look exactly the same. I cannot discern an instrument from an audio effect just based on looking at an individual item. In Live 8 suite, the browser tree has a really large number of items in it and I get sort of lost in it; takes me a few seconds to remember if I'm looking at Operator, or Analog, etc. Would be good if the major sections (e.g., Operator, Analog, Tension) were easily expandable/accessible, but the presentation was not unweidly like the current tree view. Could do something like an accordion control maybe. Just a thought.

- quick preview of sounds and presets directly from the browser pane. This could be just the same few midi notes (or notes that the user defines) that are played for each preset or instrument. I find myself having to add and remove 20 or so operator presets to and from a track just so I can hear what the preset sounds like; takes a lot of time. Would be nice for me to be able to do this directly and quickly in the browser pane.

- ability to flag my favorite presets, instruments, and devices in the browser pane and then later filter the browser pane to show only my favorites. I might only ever use 20% of all of the items in the browser pane; would be nice to be able to hide the others if I want to.

- export and import of EDL (edit decision list) file format. Other recording software that I've used in the past can export an EDL, and I would really like to be able to get some of those old projects into Live, but the prospect of manually placing 40+ wav files onto the Live timeline is not appealing. I realize that a lot of project information would be lost with just an EDL, but having it as a starting point would save me a lot of time.

- in the arrangement view, allow me to place a clip on the timeline by specifying hh:mm:ss:frame, or by specifying an absolute offset in number of samples. Seems like the only way to do this currently is snapping to the grid or dragging the clip along the timeline with the mouse. Sometimes I know the exact offset value I need, but that is difficult to get using the mouse.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:09 am

eischeid wrote:Below are my wish list items. Thank you for considering them!!

- Native Linux version - I am tired of screwing with Windows, and I don't use Macs (I don't mind them, just don't use them). I am thinking that a Linux version would be more efficient and allow Live to perform better than all of the baggage of Windows. I would love to just be able to load live into a laptop running Ubuntu Linux and Gnome, or something like that. Of course, you'd need to convince M-Audio to make native Linux drivers for their boxes. The upcoming Google Chrome operating system will be Linux-based, so Linux may be much more widespread in the near future.

- better organization and presentation of devices, instruments and effects in the browser. Currently it is just a hierarchical view and all of the items look exactly the same. I cannot discern an instrument from an audio effect just based on looking at an individual item. In Live 8 suite, the browser tree has a really large number of items in it and I get sort of lost in it; takes me a few seconds to remember if I'm looking at Operator, or Analog, etc. Would be good if the major sections (e.g., Operator, Analog, Tension) were easily expandable/accessible, but the presentation was not unweidly like the current tree view. Could do something like an accordion control maybe. Just a thought.

- quick preview of sounds and presets directly from the browser pane. This could be just the same few midi notes (or notes that the user defines) that are played for each preset or instrument. I find myself having to add and remove 20 or so operator presets to and from a track just so I can hear what the preset sounds like; takes a lot of time. Would be nice for me to be able to do this directly and quickly in the browser pane.

- ability to flag my favorite presets, instruments, and devices in the browser pane and then later filter the browser pane to show only my favorites. I might only ever use 20% of all of the items in the browser pane; would be nice to be able to hide the others if I want to.

- export and import of EDL (edit decision list) file format. Other recording software that I've used in the past can export an EDL, and I would really like to be able to get some of those old projects into Live, but the prospect of manually placing 40+ wav files onto the Live timeline is not appealing. I realize that a lot of project information would be lost with just an EDL, but having it as a starting point would save me a lot of time.

- in the arrangement view, allow me to place a clip on the timeline by specifying hh:mm:ss:frame, or by specifying an absolute offset in number of samples. Seems like the only way to do this currently is snapping to the grid or dragging the clip along the timeline with the mouse. Sometimes I know the exact offset value I need, but that is difficult to get using the mouse.
+10000000

bigcohoona

Post by bigcohoona » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:30 am

1. +1 for Convolution Reverb! (Plus a nice library of IR's to get you going).... collaboration with Focusrite anyone?
2. +1 for Dual Screen support
3. GUI: Although I love the simplicity in Ableton's GUI, it is beginning to feel a little dated, it would be nice if there was just a little 3d action in there
4. +1 for Multitap delay, I thought this would have been in version 4.
5. Allow scenes to select any group of clips you want, not just their horizontal counter-parts. Have a follow on feature that allows all the scenes clips selected on the fly to be 1 color.
7. concave / convex options for drawing envelopes and automation lines.
8. Max for Live would be pretty nice to have:)
9. Track viewing select option in session view similar to Pro Tools, so I can see only keys, or only bass, etc.
10. Single midi screen for multiple tracks of midi (similar to Pro Tools 8), what an amazing idea...too bad it's PT!
11. I'd like the midi notes in the midi edit window to be capable of being replaced by emoticons.....just kidding.

Thanks for all the great work Ableton, Loooove your product, and am truly enjoying the new hardware collaborations (Akai / Novation)....Still looking for a slightly higher end option with motorized faders and a metal chasis (If you could get Euphonix to dedicate an Ableton controller, that would be something to see).

big~C
Big Cohoona: Mac Pro 8-Core,Ableton 8, Logic, S1, Reason 4, Omnisphere, Morphestra, Komplete, McPherson, Blue, Shroeders Piano, Partridge Family 8-Track.

eatriwave

Post by eatriwave » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:07 am

More than 6 Slots for the Control Surfaces. I am running out of space, using:
Remote SL
Launchpad
nanoPad
nativeKONTROL nanoLive II -> Takes up 3 Slots! But very useful.

Why not add 2 more or so?

IP

Post by IP » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:38 pm

marker ;p
all in..

is getting out of control lol!

leinad

Post by leinad » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:28 am

Really, this one:
Slur, Slide, Glide, Tie; whatever it is that's wrong.
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 7&p=867421
8.1, Windows 7 (32 bit)

gp23

Post by gp23 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Here are some to be going on with:

1. If recordable session automation is included, PLEASE do not throw out the relative modulation system, and maintain ability to record new MIDI into clips already containing envelopes without overwriting them.

2. 'Reverse notes' button in MIDI editor Notes box. This should work on selected notes rather than the entire clip.

3. When mapping a parameter to a macro knob, transfer the current setting of that parameter to the macro knob rather than resetting it to zero.

4. Adjustable speed for repitch mode on Live's delays. The delays in Guitar Rig have this ability. The fixed rate in Live isn't always appropriate.

5. Comprehensive MIDI Delay device a la Yamaha RS7000, with velocity, gate and note feedback in negative and positive amounts.

6. Envelope Follower device to control any device parameter with audio input.

That'll do for now. I may be back.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:I would also like to be able to choose which of Live's effects should appear in the browser. I've never used beat repeat or vinyl distortion for example, so I don't want them in my list.
That's just getting ridiculous..

gp23

Post by gp23 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:21 pm

A few more:

7. When browser is in focus, allow computer keyboard input to facilitate typing the first few letters of a device/patch/whatever name to jump to that item. This is a basic function even in Windows. As suggested by Soma here: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=123963

8. The return of the Page Up/Page Down keyboard shortcut for large increment/decrement. Yeah, right. :roll:

bobdaspit

Post by bobdaspit » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Send MTC [ didn't happen, still need ]

Support for 23.976 SMPTE frame rate [ didn't happen, still need ]

Ability to run Live as an AU plugin (like Bidule, Kore, etc.) [ dropping this request ]

64bit [ you guys did it! ]
Last edited by bobdaspit on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Feature requests:
(1) Support for 23.976 FPS
(2) Generate/Send/Output MIDI Time Code
(3) MIDI Note "catch"