MFL $299 USD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gp23

Re: MFL $299 USD

Post by gp23 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:11 pm

What happened to €159? At that price it would've undoubtedly been a yes. At the official €249 it's just a big fat no, sadly. Yet again, we see $ and € prices totally out of alignment. $299 is €200 or £180.

To be honest, I'd happily swap most of the Suite instruments that I hardly use for M4L, but there's no possibility of that anyway. :|

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 pm

gp23 wrote:Yet again, we see $ and € prices totally out of alignment.
who cares? some of you Eurogoons have issues. :cry:

we make up for it in bulk, there's more people using the software that paid in dollars and Euros.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Tone Deft wrote: we make up for it in bulk,
You do have some of the fattest asses in the world over there, yes. :mrgreen:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:21 pm

djsynchro wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: we make up for it in bulk,
You do have some of the fattest asses in the world over there, yes. :mrgreen:
HA!!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:27 pm

gp23 wrote:What happened to €159? At that price it would've undoubtedly been a yes. At the official €249 it's just a big fat no, sadly. Yet again, we see $ and € prices totally out of alignment. $299 is €200 or £180.

To be honest, I'd happily swap most of the Suite instruments that I hardly use for M4L, but there's no possibility of that anyway. :|
+1 if thats true, I'll probably be getting it but why do we have to pay more in europe Abes?

Is there a deal for Live8 users? I've read that there might be, but can't find a link.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Martyn wrote:Is there a deal for Live8 users? I've read that there might be, but can't find a link.
http://www.ableton.com/pricing

Don't see it there. Actually it wouldn't make much sense anyway. They don't give you a discount on Operator because you already own Live.
Unsound Designer

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:56 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Martyn wrote:Is there a deal for Live8 users? I've read that there might be, but can't find a link.
http://www.ableton.com/pricing

Don't see it there. Actually it wouldn't make much sense anyway. They don't give you a discount on Operator because you already own Live.

True, somebody mentioned it in another of the many m4l threads, indeed, tiz untrue.

d-track

Post by d-track » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:01 pm

cutoutcollective wrote:Anyone know if there'll be an educational discount? The edu prices haven't been updated yet...
crap.
i have suite 8 edu and max/msp/jitter 5 edu and the edu price (79) is the same as for non edus ?
thats not right.
40-50 would be acceptable

gomi

Post by gomi » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 pm

gurumonkey wrote:Who's in? too spendy for me for now...
it will only cost me 99.

wee!

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:32 pm

I was expecting it to be a bit more expensive than this considering what you can do with it but I guess people who just wanna use others creations will find that a bit expensive. Maybe some good video tutorials will motivate people to get a bit into it and customize some things to their own needs.

I guess a m4l runtime is really needed. Somehow I'm not sure we are gonna that see happening cuz people who already own max will pay 99 usd for it and those who want a runtime will most likely pay $99 also. So where does that leave regular live users who wanna buy it at full price. Probably not a whole lot but I'm just speculating over here.

d-track

Post by d-track » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:43 pm

yeah its absolutely worth 79/99 but the same price for students is not right as i said.
on ther other side... may not worth buy this year.
youll get a big load of bugs as usual, the forum will be full of those treads.
im still waiting for a correct edu pricing or a 20-30 sale next year and most of the heavy bugs should be issued till then i guess

synnack

Post by synnack » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:28 am

Actually I am shocked this is only 299. You're getting all of the Max/MSP/Jitter objects for only 300 bucks. Normally that is 700 bucks!

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.365 ... /id.462/.f

Sure, you have to run it as a device in Live instead of a "standalone" max patch but we are all Live users anyway so that is not a drawback for us.

This is HALF OFF. Great value.

p.s. thanks Tone Deft. www.maxforlive.com
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:28 am

Rave wrote:
leedsquietman wrote:Yes, they should make a run-time version of M4L which can install and run devices created by the full version, but with limited or no tweaking. So Max dunces like me can still share the fruit of those geniuses who can actually use Max without the brainf*ck of trying to make our own devices :) This could be 50 bucks or so and be upgraded later to the full product.

I will happily pay 50-100 euros for a run time of M4L.
There should be a M4L store too (like an apple app store). This ain't the first time I have said this.
Funny...I thought the exact same thing...I was wondering if Ableton or Cycling would try something like this.

But I'm with Deft'...If someone spent ridiculous amount of time on something I could understand (i.e. vortex to hell---offer still stands people---did I mention 1 millllllion space bucks?!?!)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:52 am

tempus3r wrote:Actually I am shocked this is only 299. You're getting all of the Max/MSP/Jitter objects for only 300 bucks. Normally that is 700 bucks!
Though Jitter is more like an add on that even the developers aren't sure how it will run through/in Live, at least according to this from Cycling 74 here:
http://www.cycling74.com/special/maxforlive
Is Jitter included in Max for Live?
The development of Max for Live has focused on audio and MIDI applications, but we have no plans to prevent the use of Jitter output in Live. You'll be able to create devices that open their own windows to show images created with Jitter. Since Cycling '74 does not have complete control over the Live environment we are unable to predict if Jitter performance in Live will be comparable to its performance in Max.
It's likely that there will be some crippling of Jitter output while editing in Max for Live unless you own the Max/MSP/Jitter bundle.
Not disagreeing about the price being fair at all though! and I'm going to take advantage of whatever Jitter functions I can for sure! :) I'm happy, even if Pluggo owners receive a tiny discount, at least we get a discount?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:09 am

old school user wrote:Any discounts for Pluggo owners?
I'm going to email them, nothing announced yet. I'm sure it's a form email back already. :lol: