No Playback, Buttons Sticking

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
thelizard

No Playback, Buttons Sticking

Post by thelizard » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:48 am

Hi,

I am running Windows XP SP3, Live 8.1b7, and Max/Max for Live 5.1 b8. Soundcard is a Digidesign 002R, and processor is an AMD x2.

The error is as follows:
When I boot Live 8.1, I don't experience anything strange. I loaded a .wav loop (which plays back okay) onto a new audio track. If I add Buffer Shuffler onto this track, playback no longer works. If I push the Play button, it stays a solid green, and the transport does not move forward. Hitting stop doesn't turn off the play light, but hitting play again does.

Furthermore, manipulating the controls on Buffer Shuffler does not work. The buttons will react to mouseover, but will not accept any changes. If I open the device editor in Max, I can manipulate the buttons and sliders on there. However, the device inside of Live won't react.

I have changed the audio driver in Max to "Live," but that hasn't fixed anything. This error occurs no matter what Max4Live patch I load (i.e. If I load Additive Heaven, playback won't work, and I can't drag any of the sliders at all).

If I close everything and start a new project, playback is still screwed up (I get the play button error again). Samples in my library won't buffer either. I have to restart Live to get it working again.

EDIT: Also, the same thing is occurring on my Vista 32-Bit Laptop. The playback bug is still occuring, but I can at least adjust sliders and buttons. Furthermore, the Max4Live "Big 3" demo project hard-crashes Live on my desktop, and takes about 5 minutes to load on my laptop (but won't play or buffer samples).

thelizard

Re: No Playback, Buttons Sticking

Post by thelizard » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:29 am

Nevermind.

After Max boots mid-live, I have to reset the audio driver, and then it works fine.

Hopefully, in a future patch, it will do this automatically so I don't have to reset it every time.