Reaktor versus Max4Live

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
arachnaut

Reaktor versus Max4Live

Post by arachnaut » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:56 am

I just downloaded Max4Live and I'm greatly disappointed.

What can you do in M4L that you can't do in Reaktor. And have done it a few years ago?

hoffman2k

Re: Reaktor versus Max4Live

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 am

arachnaut wrote:I just downloaded Max4Live and I'm greatly disappointed.

What can you do in M4L that you can't do in Reaktor. And have done it a few years ago?
Use a midi delay on a single midi track.

Gregory Wells-King

Re: Reaktor versus Max4Live

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:30 am

hoffman2k wrote:
arachnaut wrote:I just downloaded Max4Live and I'm greatly disappointed.

Use a midi delay on a single midi track.

Yeah I have to agree, I did'nt know that, but you can see that the workflow and intergration of MAX into Live is whats really the + point. If you know MAX, and know Live, you can come up with some really interesting routes quite quickly I assume.

I really like the drop and drag ellement of M4L, just rackem up like any other device in a chain. and once they get a few grainers etc, just droping samples nice and easy from your library, instant resampling without steping outside the library paths. V-V Nice

I'm a Reaktor user, and I'm kinda happy that I did'nt get into MAX I just don't have the time to learn every little detail about building stuff, but the Reaktor community has been great fun and very generous to put stuff up on the library that has some reall class about it.

This is what surprizes me so far about MAX. I thought it was a very classy product, for a reason but infat, to me (So far) it ssem to be yet another programing environmet, perhaps it's the Jitter Objects, that has made previous sound and video designers look at it with interest.?

But I'm still very happy that its part of Abletons environment.