Any ableton Live users in London?

Promote your gigs or events.
mohler

Re: Any ableton Live users in London?

Post by mohler » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:08 pm

silveriofunk wrote:i like the sound of this..

any news on the place?
I have use of a central location with PA & screen but would rather keep it under wraps for now.
rolymiller.com
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHz, MacBookPro 2.2+2.4GHz, Macbook 2.0GHz 2GB, Metric Halo ULN/2, UltraLite, Ensemble, Axiom 49, Logic Studio, Live 6,

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:00 pm

so... when then do we get together so we can get this thing going?
next week?

people can come and say what they have so far, the intentions, maybe try and organize something soon?... i will go today or tomorrow to one bar near kings cross that we could probably use,

will post what i find out.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:01 pm

I think it's clear Abes want Martin to drive this thing so maybe we sit tight for the official user group shizz, but there's no harm in a few like minded souls meeting up anyway! :D

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:28 pm

I they are both over here at the mo'.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:10 am

UKRuss wrote:I they are both over here at the mo'.
I'm not!
8O

EliotShort

Post by EliotShort » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:30 am

So Fellow Users of London.

I've had a chat with Martin and it looks like next Wed 4Nov is a good day for Martin to meet up with whoever can make it. If you can't make it never fear. He wants to meet up with some of us and chat about our ideas for the User Group. If anyone knows they can't make it, we will be doing the whole email thing too, so everyone's ideas are going to be discussed. Since Martin is not going to be in the actual user group he's asked me to get email addresses from everyone who is interested in being part of the User Group, so he can communicate with us via email, rather than through the forum.

Somewhere central is prob best and I know some venues have been suggested, but we really won't need a PA for this initial meeting. With any of these venues it would just be a question of finding out +/- whose planning on coming and booking a table.
A good starting point would be for whoever wants to get involved, to post their email address and whether they can make Wed, (does 7pm sound sensible?) then we can get a group email going with Martin.

If you you like you can email me directly: eliotshort@gmail.com.

I must also apologise for being a bit out of the loop since my last post. For some reason I'm not being notified about posts at my email address. Not sure how to fix it, but I'll keep checking over the next couple of days.

Looking forward to doing some 'official' brainstorming over he next couple o weeks!
And Craig, whoever said Master classes couldn't involve beer?!
http://www.eliotlloydshort.com
http://fleetingwoods.com

Nektar Impact LX25
15" MacBook Pro (2016)
Motu Audio Express
Berenger FCB1010

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:59 am

hi feller

i just emailed you

4th is good for me

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:14 pm

just emailed as well

that day is good for me too!
Last edited by silveriofunk on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:19 pm

by the way... is anyone coming to this event in brick lane?

http://www.ableton.com/uk-workshoptour-2009

EliotShort

Post by EliotShort » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:45 pm

Sounds awesome, but alas I have a gig in Leicester that evening. Have funnn!

Nektar Impact LX25
15" MacBook Pro (2016)
Motu Audio Express
Berenger FCB1010

DJMillsy

Post by DJMillsy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi Eliot,

Just emailed you re the 4th.

Thanks

Keith

EliotShort

Post by EliotShort » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi London Users.

We've settled on a meet up at The Sapphire Lounge Wed 4Nov @ 7pm with Martin Delaney. Dave from Hidden Away Electronic is hosting an acoustic night. I think most of us know where it is But just in case:
99A Buckingham Palace Rd, Victoria, London, SW1W 0RP. It's beneath the Shakespeare pub.

Look forward to seeing you all there.
For those of you who can't make it, I'll try to cover what is discussed in a post on Thursday.

Nektar Impact LX25
15" MacBook Pro (2016)
Motu Audio Express
Berenger FCB1010

EliotShort

Post by EliotShort » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi There

So as promised here is a quick over view of what was discussed in yesterdays meet up at the Sapphire Lounge. For those of you who are new to the post, our purpose was to meet up with Martin Delaney who is something of an official rep for Ableton in the UK. Ableton have asked him to explore the possibility of officially endorsed London User Group status with our group, who have been doing it unofficially for the last couple of years.
Martin, Robb, Andy, Javier and me were present. Dave who was putting on an acoustic night stopped in at our table for a chat whenever he had a mo.

We all agreed, as per some of the previous forum posts, that some kind of practical meet up was a good idea. So we needed to find somewhere we can exchange techniques and hopefully jam around a bit, make a bit of noise and have the use of a sound system. It was generally agreed that the idea of all plugging in to a sound system and getting creative would be beneficial and hopefully inspiring. Sp we are looking into possible venues for this and we'll put up a post as soon as possible.

Of course we do want this to remain social in nature and so we are keen to keep the meet up at The Sapphire Lounge going. This is also a space to perform for those of us who want to do so and we can also use it to exhibit what ever we create together in the practical sessions. The Hidden Away Electronic night is obviously not the only place that any of us play at, but it is fairly unique in that it is closely connected with Live users and the members of this forum post, so we discussed ways in which the User Group could support the evening and help it grow. Which leads us to the last point.

By having some officialdom, we get a myspace page and I guess we can also set up pages on facebook, twitter, linkedIn, reverb nation etc etc... This not only opens us up to interacting and connecting with other Live users, it is a way to advertise events, both educational and performance and get our music out there. We will hear shortly from Martin who has written to Ableton with a request for official logos, domains etc, now that he has met some of us and established that we do indeed exist. And that we are able to have coherent conversations about such high and lofty matters as velocity sensitive controllers, knobs and faders, dj-ing with or without a helmet etc. And all this while consuming modest amounts of alcohol.

So the next planned meet up will be @ 7pm Wed25Nov @ The Sapphire Lounge, hopefully with more good news for all concerned in the meantime. Please post any ideas and responses you have, especially if you can't make the next meet up or email me at eliotshort@gmail.com

All the best fellow users.
Eliot

Nektar Impact LX25
15" MacBook Pro (2016)
Motu Audio Express
Berenger FCB1010

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Was good to meet some new folks, and catch up with some old folks. Enjoyed Eliot's impromptu acoustic set too. 8)

And after having a quick play with Martin's launchpad last night, I ordered mine today. :mrgreen:
OS X, Live 9, Microbook II

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 pm

sweet!

i'll wait to see if i win the one the people from novation is giving away next saturday in brick lane 8)

seriously

nice to see you guys again

see you on the 25th