Hmmm, what about SC, etc .... ?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
steff3

Hmmm, what about SC, etc .... ?

Post by steff3 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 am

What about side-chain input ... to instruments, fx and MIDI-fx .... we always wanted to have the ability to generate MIDI events from audio streams if I remember correctly ....
MIDI-I/O to Max audio fx?

Also it would be nice to hide parts of the GUI like we have it in Live devices for side-chain input area etc.

best

hoffman2k

Re: Hmmm, what about SC, etc .... ?

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:40 am

steff3 wrote:What about side-chain input ... to instruments, fx and MIDI-fx .... we always wanted to have the ability to generate MIDI events from audio streams if I remember correctly ....
MIDI-I/O to Max audio fx?

Also it would be nice to hide parts of the GUI like we have it in Live devices for side-chain input area etc.

best
Currently you need to work around it with satellite devices to handle the signals. Cycling already stated that side-chaining won't be a M4L 1.0 feature. But they are aware of it.

You can make dynamic GUI's with scripting or bpatchers to name a few examples. I don't think you can actually change the size of the device once it has been loaded. You can completely minimize it though.

monolake

Post by monolake » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:00 pm

As hoffman2k said, everyone involved with this project is absolutely aware of the importance of side chaining / routing of audio. However, it will not happen for version 1 - too many open questions in regards of Latency compensation etc. I personally really count the days till it is in, just to make working with ambisonics and friends a pleasure. It will come, we just don't know when....

Cheers, Robert

djod

Post by djod » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:05 pm

monolake wrote:It will come, we just don't know when....

Cheers, Robert
Nice!!!!

amounra93

Post by amounra93 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:55 pm

You can easily build a sidechain plugin from within SonicBirth. Its free, open source, and pretty easy to use. I've been using this method for 6 months or more, and it works extremely well, requiring little overhead. It allows you to insert a plugin on a device rack and route audio to it from the output of another channel. I was hoping to dispose of this method when M4L came out, but apparently that's not going to happen. Haven't looked into whether all the pluggo stuff still works in M4L, if so there are some possibilities with the Pluggobus.
http://www.aumhaa.com for Monomod and other m4l goodies.