[tow] loopshifter sample drop doesn't work

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
aarontrinder1

[tow] loopshifter sample drop doesn't work

Post by aarontrinder1 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Trying to use the max plugin 'loopshifter' doesn't work correctly as when i drag an audio file (aiff, wav or whatever) from the browser window, the audio doesn't want to be dropped in. It shows me a little plus sign but when i drop it in nothing happens. I've tried numerous different audio files on different drives and i always get the same issue. 'Drop sample here' isn't, seemingly working for me either if i try to drop something directly from the session view.

[tow]

Re: loopshifter sample drop doesn't work

Post by [tow] » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Cheers,

I couldn't reproduce this, everything works fine here. Is this still an issue for you? Did you experience this with Live 8.1b8? Which platform/machine are you working on?
Best,

Torsten

aarontrinder1

Re: [tow] loopshifter sample drop doesn't work

Post by aarontrinder1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:06 pm

i'm on 10.6.1 MacPro Xeon 2 x 2.66 dual core. I've just tried again and discovered that it works fine with stuff thats in the /users/me/library/applicationsupport/ableton/Library but it doesn't work with any other audio anywhere else on my system (i have 3 internal drives)... Live 8.1.b8 and the latest Max installer

longjohns

Re: [tow] loopshifter sample drop doesn't work

Post by longjohns » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:53 am

i notice some strangeness with the drop area also

it sucessfully drops and uses the sample, but meanwhile I get an error dialog over the live window, which is titled "server busy" and says that "the operation cannot be performed because blah blah is not responding..." options include 'retry'

win xp, latest builds installed 11/13