Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
outershpongolia

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by outershpongolia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:41 pm

^ Red bull, front and center. 8)

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Icaro Ferre wrote:Okay, my studio is not as cool as the other ones I've seen in this topic and I don't have a sexy cat :P
But here it is:
You can't really see the whole setup in this pic but I'm just too lazy to take another one :P
Equipment list: Macbook White 2.16 Ghz Core2Duo 2GB Ram, Logic 9, Ableton Live Suite 8, Presonus Firebox, MyBook 640GB, M-Audio XSession Pro, M-Audio Axiom 25, Korg PADKontrol, Novation Nocturn, KRK Rokit 5, Sony MDR-7505, Audio Technica AT2020, pair of CDJs Pioneer 100-S , Behringer DX052.
that's a nice ass desk!! although it has that receptionist feel to it..

speak_onion

Post by speak_onion » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Sonny D wrote:Let's try this one again.

PCR300 FTW

jimyson

Post by jimyson » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:10 am

Pretty basic setup here and Korg PK is a friends.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:57 am

i like the launchpad you got there:D

andeo

Post by andeo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:15 am

First time post long time ableton user - love some of the setups pictured here... just not in love with cats as i have about a dozen in the neighborhood who use my front yard for their territory markings and late night liasons!
Imac:Live7:Motu828II:NIak1:AdamA7:Microlite:EmagicMT4:MachineDrum:Z1:GT8:RS7000:PadKontrol:GI20:GR1:MicroQ:Micron:WavestationAD:DX200:Mopho:MBase:EA1:ES1:ER1:R8:RY30:RX7:MM1:TX81z:VZ8m:X5DR:A4000:Prophecy:K1m:MB33II:3630:FX900:Qverb+:Promix01:FreewaySA

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:15 am

jimyson wrote:Pretty basic setup here and Korg PK is a friends.

Three questions for you:
1. Is your Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard stable? Mine lost signal so often I packed it up & reverted back to my wired keyboard.

2. Do you like the Electrix EQ Killers?

3. What is the DJ mixer you are using? it looks like a rotary.

Thanks!

Rave

Post by Rave » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:49 am

andeo wrote:Image

First time post long time ableton user - love some of the setups pictured here... just not in love with cats as i have about a dozen in the neighborhood who use my front yard for their territory markings and late night liasons!
You got some nice toys there Andeo

alpermo

Post by alpermo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:31 am

i also have roland sh-32 synth and yamaha rm1x plus an american audio TT setup which are not installed yet.
because i recently moved to a new house.

i can spend my whole day in this room.

jimyson

Post by jimyson » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:50 am

oblique strategies wrote:
Three questions for you:
1. Is your Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard stable? Mine lost signal so often I packed it up & reverted back to my wired keyboard.

Thanks!

1. Has never disconnected on me yet. I use it all the time and have owned it for about a year now.

2. The Electrix EQ Killers are the cats ass. I did have a problem with an additional one I have where one of the I/O had static on the phono setting. Since they're discontinued its a little harder to get new ones so if your planning to get one just do your best to find a clean used one. They typically run anywhere from $75-$150 each last time I looked. Also if you want to rack two together you need to make sure at least one comes with the racking bracket in the middle. Some people's have been long gone since they never used it.

3. You eyes are not failing you. :) Its a Numark Pro CM1000R. I got it off the bay from a music store that used it on display for $250. Despite the low priice the thing has been great. No issues with the rotary pots, it has gobs of I/Os on the back, and the quality of the mixing it does stands up. I really have enjoyed owning this thing. Ultimately for individual channel EQ control an external piece needs to be added hence the EQ Killers. Here's a pic:

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:22 pm

@Tarekith
What are those monitors in your studio pic?
Thanks
MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.5.8, Live 8 Suite, Logic Studio 9, Ultralite Mk3

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:47 pm

jimyson wrote:
Three questions for you:

Thanks!

1. Has never disconnected on me yet. I use it all the time and have owned it for about a year now.

2. The Electrix EQ Killers are the cats ass. I did have a problem with an additional one I have where one of the I/O had static on the phono setting. Since they're discontinued its a little harder to get new ones so if your planning to get one just do your best to find a clean used one. They typically run anywhere from $75-$150 each last time I looked. Also if you want to rack two together you need to make sure at least one comes with the racking bracket in the middle. Some people's have been long gone since they never used it.

3. You eyes are not failing you. :) Its a Numark Pro CM1000R. I got it off the bay from a music store that used it on display for $250. Despite the low priice the thing has been great. No issues with the rotary pots, it has gobs of I/Os on the back, and the quality of the mixing it does stands up. I really have enjoyed owning this thing. Ultimately for individual channel EQ control an external piece needs to be added hence the EQ Killers. Here's a pic:

Thanks for the info.
Interesting looking mixer. I scored a Vestax PMC-50 & can replace the faders with rotary pots, which is tempting for that extra control & finesse. I'm comparing the Vestax vs. my Rane MP24z. The Vestax has clearer highs & mids, while the Rane has a warmer & fatter bass.

I have thought of picking up a pair of EQ Killers to add to the Rane mixer to get EQ on a pair of channels, so it's promising to hear a good review.

I guess I'll be taking my Macbook Pro & bluetooth keyboard into the Apple Store to see if they can get mine to function. Which model Macbook Pro do you have? Mine is an Early 2008.
Last edited by oblique strategies on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dorsch

Post by dorsch » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Live 8 | Focusrite Saffire | BCF | PADKontrol | LaunchPAD | NordStage | Yamaha HS50

jimyson

Post by jimyson » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:02 am

Thanks for the info.
Interesting looking mixer. I scored a Vestax PMC-50 & can replace the faders with rotary pots, which is tempting for that extra control & finesse. I'm comparing the Vestax vs. my Rane MP24z. The Vestax has clearer highs & mids, while the Rane has a warmer & fatter bass.

I have thought of picking up a pair of EQ Killers to add to the Rane mixer to get EQ on a pair of channels, so it's promising to hear a good review.

I guess I'll be taking my Macbook Pro & bluetooth keyboard into the Apple Store to see if they can get mine to function. Which model Macbook Pro do you have? Mine is an Early 2008.

My laptop is Model MacBookPro4,1

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:26 am

yo andeo....what black keyboard workstation/sampler is that? it looks sexy.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu