Big Gigantic - Wide Awake

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
the_woof

Re: Big Gigantic - Wide Awake

Post by the_woof » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm not sure I'd call it best album of the year, or second best after PL's new one. That said, I really like BG's music. I hated on Wide Awake for a while because it sounds like he's been using the same drum sounds in his productions since 2006 and they're getting a little stale. But yesterday I started working on a cover of Funhouse and there is a lot more going on musically in Big G's stuff than there is in a lot of other electronic music. And it sounds good.
djsynchro wrote:For a female vocal try companding a mid-side encoded signal with a ratio of around 18:2 at around 2.5k, possibly a lower ratio if the source is very sibilant.
my music

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Necro-bumping this thread because I've really been into their new CD, A Place Behind The Moon

http://biggigantic.net/apbtm/

Great album IMO and much better than their previous ones.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

cramos241

Post by cramos241 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:04 pm

i saw Big Gigantic at re:generation a few weeks ago. pretty talented group. the production value of their tracks are pretty sick but I wish there was a little more goin on within each song. not the biggest fan of the saxophone melodies, despite how much i love (and play) saxophone in this mix.

jimmynitcher

Post by jimmynitcher » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:33 pm

IMHO its shit

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:29 pm

jimmynitcher wrote:IMHO its shit
What makes you say that? The production level is high and they put on a good live show w/ great live elements.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent