LOOPing anywhere errors Host

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
arielgraff

LOOPing anywhere errors Host

Post by arielgraff » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Hello,

I am running Ableton Suite 8.0.9 on Windows 7 x64 FINAL Build using ProFire 610 from M-Audio.

In two of my advanced projects, when I loop something, after about 2-3 loops, my audio engine collapses and my CPU meter goes to 300% (or any other crazy number). Host needs to be restarted. EVERYTHING works VERY smooth when not looped, I am not experiencing any audio dropouts. When closing the project, I am usually receiving "Ableton has stopped responding - Program will now close". It is very important to hear if anyone is having a similar problem as it is a major roadblock in my production. Things I have tried:

- Tried every different buffer size from 128-1024.
- Reinstalled Ableton
- Froze most tracks
- Deleted half of the tracks and another half of the track to see if there is a rogue VST.
- Tried different version of M-Audio ASIO Drivers

Can someone also explain to me. Ableton is x32 bit app, I have 6GB of RAM and I do receive "out of memory" errors here and there, when my system RAM meter shows about 60% and my projects are usually 2.5GB of RAM in task manager. Does that mean that Ableton only allows up to 3GB???

Thanks for all your help!

arielgraff

Re: LOOPing anywhere errors Host

Post by arielgraff » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Mad respect.

I love how this is Ableton support forums, yet support isn't offered either by other forums members neither by staff.

What a joke!!!

arielgraff

Post by arielgraff » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Anyone here? Hello?

litL1

Post by litL1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:14 am

Hi arielgraff,

it is strange that no one is responding to your post, and i'm mainly doing it so you're not feeling completely alone :S
I know this doesn't help... Thing is a few days a go i was in the middle of a preparing for a show last Wednesday, when Live all of a sudden started with what appears to be at least a similar problem to your experience, i.e. the "Out Of Memory" issue.
Since it happened the night before the show, i didn't have time to get to the bottom of it (still haven't!) and so i ended up
working back up to 2 hours worth of lost material at 7am (when i should have been resting), saving after every single change made.
Sure enough the message appeared after about every 3rd change made, forcing me to force quit Live and pick up from there..
Needless to say i was everything but pleased!

Also, in an attempt to resolve the issue, i had just updated from 8.0.2 to 8.0.9. The reason i'm not sure if this is of much if any help to you is also, because i'm on Macbook Pro... I did find a bunch of posts on this forum relating to the "OUT Of Memory" issue, that morning, and doubt that the problem stems from my system... also, i have never had this problem before, and this was the first time i seriously played around with the Looper..
It makes be suspicious as to whether there's a problem with buffer / cache clearing... but am not knowledgeable enough to really know...

Sorry, if this is all no good for you... will be getting on with my search now, as i never ever want to have this happen to me again.. :)

All the best for you solving your probs!!
***ONE LOVE***

MacbookPro (Retina, 15', Mitte 2015) - 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7

arielgraff

Post by arielgraff » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Hey,

I am just appalled that NOBODY from the staff or even other members are replying to this thread. What kind of forum is this? I am an owner of Cubase 5 and my questions and concerns are always answered on Cubase.net forums.

I was using Live 7 for almost 2 years and it was incredibly stable, I don't understand why would a newer version have so many problems and most of them GO IGNORED and user concerns unanswered.

I feel your pain man, sorry I don't have many suggestions for you either since I am on a PC. I just don't get one thing, I have 6GB or RAM, my project is 3GB and I AM OUT OF MEMORY. What a joke...

litL1

Post by litL1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:01 am

beats me, too :(
also because, in the past i have found the forum to be quite responsive...
Bu haven't been online or in need for questions since this most recent issue.. so will see what come s up, once i post, which so far i haven't done yet..
Occasionally (and obviously so) i noticed other users do not get replies, seemingly because their etiquette is just not right, or they are really impatient, but that doesn't appear to be your case, so ... :? i dunno

Hope that you'll get your answers, and the help sooner than later!!
***ONE LOVE***

MacbookPro (Retina, 15', Mitte 2015) - 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7