Shout out for Allen & Heath customer support!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
detroitechno

Shout out for Allen & Heath customer support!

Post by detroitechno » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:51 pm

I read a post about the sherman knob replacement, so figured I'd chime in about A&H's support.

I recently did a heavy mod to my XONE:92 (fader) and needed 16 new 'xone' knob caps.
I looked around online and they were $2-6 each at a few distributors. So I hit up A&H direct, to see what they could do.
I got an email asking for my address back, and within a few hours they were in the mail free of charge!

They definitely didn't have to do that at all, and saved me probably $50'ish.

Much respect to them for making beautiful mixers and supporting them like champs!
A bunch of gear, cords, and a computer...

outershpongolia

Re: Shout out for Allen & Heath customer support!

Post by outershpongolia » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:06 pm

When you hit them up did they know you were taking your controller apart? OR did they think the knobs and all busted off?

Either way that's good service.

detroitechno

Post by detroitechno » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:09 pm

I mentioned the mixer is a few years old (well out of warranty) and they never asked why I wanted them. Just asked my address and sent away.
A bunch of gear, cords, and a computer...

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Nice.. If only Dell was nice like that. I busted out some fucking headphone jacks and they wanted 350 to replace the motherboard because the audio was "integrated".

joe.cavers

Post by joe.cavers » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:13 pm

That is incredible, nice work guys!

JC

Alextronica

Post by Alextronica » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:31 pm

That's good to know.

I love my Xone 92!
Black Mac Book 2.16 4gigs of Ram > Ableton 7 Suite > Komplete 5 > APC40 > Novation Remote SL25 > Allen and Heath Xone 92 > Korg Kaoscillator

www.soundcloud.com/Alextronica

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:16 pm

When the 1d's came out i disagreed with the set up (they had set the faders to have a fine if delayed response) and so they took them back and took them apart to replace them and return them, at zero cost (bar postage), all the way through they communicated thoroughly with me and were patient and understanding!

Top customer service!

Cheers
D

kristoffer1989

Post by kristoffer1989 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:32 pm

sweet!
Kristoffer Lislegaard
Myspace - Soundcloud - Vimeo

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:59 pm

Dell have given me sterling service. They replaced my laptop motherboard which failed 2 months out of warranty for free and gave me an extended warranty on the new replacement.

My wife ruined her Inspiron 6400E by spilling coffee in it - we didn't have complete care on that laptop and they didn't have to replace it. We called to see if they could do anything to recover her hard drive as all her medical anecdotal information was on there (she has multiple severe illnesses and is on medical leave) and they sent a technician to our house who removed the drive and a week later, they sent us the Dell XPS1530 to replace it as they had no more Inspiron 6400s, a massive upgrade. The guy was very sympathetic to my wife's sickness. They did this as a 'gesture of goodwill' for us being good customers.

Then again, we have owned 8 Dell computers, and always purchased at least a 3 yr warranty on them all mostly with complete care to cover dropping and spillages etc, so we can use that as a bit of leverage in our discussions. As far as I'm concerned Dell are great for customer service. Although I feel your pain on the motherboard/onboard audio issue, these tend to be fragile, I know people with HP and Lenovo laptops who ruined their mobos by really fragile jack inputs and they all had the same problem as you - out of warranty, no joy. If we hadn't bought so many computers from Dell and recommended others, they might have treated us the same contemptuous way.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:55 pm

leedsquietman wrote:Dell have given me sterling service. They replaced my laptop motherboard which failed 2 months out of warranty for free and gave me an extended warranty on the new replacement.

My wife ruined her Inspiron 6400E by spilling coffee in it - we didn't have complete care on that laptop and they didn't have to replace it. We called to see if they could do anything to recover her hard drive as all her medical anecdotal information was on there (she has multiple severe illnesses and is on medical leave) and they sent a technician to our house who removed the drive and a week later, they sent us the Dell XPS1530 to replace it as they had no more Inspiron 6400s, a massive upgrade. The guy was very sympathetic to my wife's sickness. They did this as a 'gesture of goodwill' for us being good customers.

Then again, we have owned 8 Dell computers, and always purchased at least a 3 yr warranty on them all mostly with complete care to cover dropping and spillages etc, so we can use that as a bit of leverage in our discussions. As far as I'm concerned Dell are great for customer service. Although I feel your pain on the motherboard/onboard audio issue, these tend to be fragile, I know people with HP and Lenovo laptops who ruined their mobos by really fragile jack inputs and they all had the same problem as you - out of warranty, no joy. If we hadn't bought so many computers from Dell and recommended others, they might have treated us the same contemptuous way.

It was about 2 months out of the standard 1-year warranty.. Already had that same motherboard replaced.. after they replaced the hard drive and realized that wasn't it.. after they replaced the processor and realized that wasn't it.. It took them 3 replaced parts to realize my first motherboard was busted..

They have done good by me, when it was pouring outside and all of the sudden my dell desktop computer burst into flames, literally, it sparked and then started smoking, i had to extinguish that bitch. But yeah they gave me a new one free of charge.