Mixer section for both Session AND Arrangement?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
moreofmorris

Mixer section for both Session AND Arrangement?

Post by moreofmorris » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:21 pm

... Keeping in with Live's theme of no popup windows and keeping everything clean... How about having the mixer section appear on both the Session view and the Arrangement view. Sometimes, in the Arrangement view I'd like to still have a conventional mixer interface... Especially when I had my Behringer BCF2000. Possibly have just another button at the top right... Session View, Arrangement View, Arrangement+Mixer View...

or something... Just saying :)

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:06 pm

+ 1

NativeOps

Post by NativeOps » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:08 pm

I AGREE. I think the mixer view in arrangement view is very tedious and not ideal for mixing.

We should definitely have the ability to see the standard mixer in arrangement view.

Why not. As long as it's not forced on users, and we have the "option" to use it.
Those who speak, don't know.
Those who know, don't speak.
http://nativeacoustics.com/

piranesi

I couldn't agree more

Post by piranesi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:34 pm

I've always found the 2 zone idea tedious. Although I've been using Liver for several years I've never really become a huge fan. And the session/arrange split is the cause.

The design is great. The ease of use is great. It's the 2 zone thing that I find tedious. Setting the levels for sends in the arrange window is fiddly.

I want the mixer in the arrange window. And a little more control over colour would be nice- although it wouldn't break my heart if the designer of the interface said 'no way'.
Castello Neve
Tuscany

rosti

Re: Mixer section for both Session AND Arrangement?

Post by rosti » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:55 am

Something like this would be nice.

mspain(t) supa imagemanipulation :D

moreofmorris

Post by moreofmorris » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:55 pm

I know I started this thread a loooong time ago. But still... I'm thinking this still makes sense.

I've used Live now for almost 3 years, but it's just why should the Session view get all the mixer action?

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:58 am

my guess is someone will knock one up in Max for Live before long - so now we only have to hope they offer a cheap or free runtime version 8)

EdRyan

Post by EdRyan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:36 pm

That is a good idea !

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Also, personally I would like to be able to switch the track info and controls from the right to the left of the screen (you know, like in every other sequencer).

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:05 pm

littlejim84 wrote:... Keeping in with Live's theme of no popup windows and keeping everything clean... How about having the mixer section appear on both the Session view and the Arrangement view. Sometimes, in the Arrangement view I'd like to still have a conventional mixer interface... Especially when I had my Behringer BCF2000. Possibly have just another button at the top right... Session View, Arrangement View, Arrangement+Mixer View...

or something... Just saying :)
dunno, the mixer view is there, it's just a vertical mixer, which might be complicated to understand :) but it works just the same..
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.