Finally proud owner of Live Intro

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Trypset

Finally proud owner of Live Intro

Post by Trypset » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:23 pm

So I finally got the cash to do it up right.

Started out with Live Intro.

At this point I am not feeling any of the limitations except for no drumracks. I used to load up 8 drumrack cells with Impulse.

I now just have an Impulse track sending individual outs to 8 audio channels.

Other than that it rocks....bye bye cracked/hacked/buggy piece.

Audio to be posted within the week.

EDIROL FA-101
Controlling Impulse with a Korg ES-1 MKII run through MIDI-OX to convert NRPN to CC. Also controlling Microkorg from Live.

Drums are live, some synth parts are recorded from the micro into audio as the micro can only play one program at a time.
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax

8O

Re: Finally proud owner of Live Intro

Post by 8O » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 pm

8) :)

How's that 7GB of loops and beats treating you?

citizenchris099

Post by citizenchris099 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:32 pm

I admire your audio w/in a week deadline. I hope to have tracks posted soon as well

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:30 am

trying to meet it. Got all the part for one track laid out, just need to mix. My next purchase will be a set of Studio Monitors as I am mixing on a home component system right now :(
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax

magestro

Post by magestro » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:45 am

8O wrote:8) :)

How's that 7GB of loops and beats treating you?
Would be interested in it as well....any words

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 am

It is a tidy product that 'Intro' and you'll reap the upgrade rewards when the time is right to do so.

IMO, don't rush your music out, keep producing tracks so you've got a ncie little folder of projects on the go, then finish them off once you get your monitors. Do it right from day one.

the music isn't going anywhere and neither are we.

citizenchris099

Post by citizenchris099 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:58 pm

Trypset wrote:trying to meet it. Got all the part for one track laid out, just need to mix. My next purchase will be a set of Studio Monitors as I am mixing on a home component system right now :(
Part of the thing that keeps me toiling away at my tracks is the fact that I'm simultaneously learning theory/composition. I discover somethign new and want to retrofit it onto existing tracks lol. I know this will get me no where and perpetually tweaking so I'm putting the final touches on an EP that should be released soon.

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:50 pm

UKRuss wrote:It is a tidy product that 'Intro' and you'll reap the upgrade rewards when the time is right to do so.

IMO, don't rush your music out, keep producing tracks so you've got a ncie little folder of projects on the go, then finish them off once you get your monitors. Do it right from day one.

the music isn't going anywhere and neither are we.
great advice, I will def. take up on. I had 2 projects going on a shady version of live 7, so alot of the WAV's can be re-worked.....I'M SO GLAD I GOT ABLETON!!!!!! Just in time for the Austin Ableton User's Group tonight.

Ruta Maya, Austin Texas, 6PM-1AM
LUX DIVON - Ableton Set, OHN - Ableton Set, TrypseT - Vinyl Dubstep, Sounds of Satori - DJ SET. Lux Divon is making huge ground in getting Austin hooked on Live.
TrypseT

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Congrats. Thanks for going legit and contributing to the cause! Looking forward to hearing the tracks...