WTF is with Ableton Support?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DrXparaMental

WTF is with Ableton Support?

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Three days and two emails, NOTHING. No response, no auto message. Notta. I've spent roughly 1500.00 with ableton since day one as a dedicated Live user. Live 8 is getting worse IMO and not better. Disc Overloads like crazy along with audio drop outs in arrangement view. This is supposed to be a "live performance" product? This shit has gotten WAY ridiculous.

the_antagonist

Re: WTF is with Ableton Support?

Post by the_antagonist » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:55 pm

weird. you should have at least received auto responce. if you havnt got thet then maybe its a problem with the email system.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Check your spam folder. They're usually really good. The abes, not the spam folders... although my penis is massive now thanks to all the cool email that goes in there.

4/4

Post by 4/4 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 pm

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:45 pm

4/4 wrote:Image
I know, this is one of those logic picture puzzle riddles. All I need to do is to count the loose pieces of popcorn in top of the bag, add that to the number represented in the game title, and then I magically arrive at the number of days it takes Ableton to respond. Or does that formula just work for arriving at your IQ?

Either way, this is FUN!

dom

Post by dom » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Can you resend your support request according to this page?
http://www.ableton.com/pages/support/co ... al_support

In your request you don't mention which OS you're using, the logfile is missing etc.
We unfortunately can't give you a serious answer if you only say "i have a fast pc and get drop outs i never got before".

Normally you should have an answer after 1-2 days asking for the missing information, but as we're pretty busy at the moment and the incomplete requests suffer a bit in the priority list.

Cheers,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Good answer and good information to anyone else who wants to submit a support request.

Hopefully you'll get your probs fixed pronto Dr. X.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:33 pm

dom wrote:Can you resend your support request according to this page?
http://www.ableton.com/pages/support/co ... al_support

In your request you don't mention which OS you're using, the logfile is missing etc.
We unfortunately can't give you a serious answer if you only say "i have a fast pc and get drop outs i never got before".

Normally you should have an answer after 1-2 days asking for the missing information, but as we're pretty busy at the moment and the incomplete requests suffer a bit in the priority list.

Cheers,
Dom
Sure Dom, but after about a hundred email correspondences over the last 2 years up until a few weeks ago, I just took for granted that you knew what operating system my PC has.

Judging by the number of D light flashes/audio drop out comments from both Mac and PC users across the board, I was expecting more so the type of response that (takes 20 seconds Sir) first apologized for the inconvenience, and secondly stated with certain heart felt conviction that Ableton was DELUGED with similar requests as I am certain they are.

8 has some SERIOUS issues Dom and I don't appreciate you making me feel as though YOUR company's extremely poor service and ultra slow response is somehow dependent on my communicated inadequacies.

Capisci?

necho

Post by necho » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:51 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:
8 has some SERIOUS issues Dom and I don't appreciate you making me feel as though YOUR company's extremely poor service and ultra slow response is somehow dependent on my communicated inadequacies.

Capisci?

FFS :roll:
_________
sigs suck.

dom

Post by dom » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:54 pm

DrXparaMental wrote: Sure Dom, but after about a hundred email correspondences over the last 2 years up until a few weeks ago, I just took for granted that you knew what operating system my PC has.
As we can't remember the configuration of all customers nor expect them to use the same system for 2 years, the best is not taking it for granted but just include that information in every support request, as the posted link suggests.
DrXparaMental wrote: Judging by the number of D light flashes/audio drop out comments from both Mac and PC users across the board, I was expecting more so the type of response that (takes 20 seconds Sir) first apologized for the inconvenience, and secondly stated with certain heart felt conviction that Ableton was DELUGED with similar requests as I am certain they are.
I'm very sorry having to disappoint your expectations.
DrXparaMental wrote: 8 has some SERIOUS issues Dom and I don't appreciate you making me feel as though YOUR company's extremely poor service and ultra slow response is somehow dependent on my communicated inadequacies.
Again Sorry, didn't want to make you feel that this was the reason but making you understand it was.
I also have to confess that Ableton is not my company.
DrXparaMental wrote: Capisci?
Pardon?

Best,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

dom wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote: Capisci?
Pardon?
An oldie but a goodie :lol:

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:02 pm

DrXparaMental wrote: Sure Dom, but after about a hundred email correspondences over the last 2 years up until a few weeks ago, I just took for granted that you knew what operating system my PC has.
as they most likely have thousands or ten thousands of customers, no, i guess they don't have to remember each of them. even while you sound like one of the more frequent, more loud ones.
Judging by the number of D light flashes/audio drop out comments from both Mac and PC users across the board, I was expecting more so the type of response that (takes 20 seconds Sir) first apologized for the inconvenience, and secondly stated with certain heart felt conviction that Ableton was DELUGED with similar requests as I am certain they are.
and this doesn't mean the bugs are the same => detailed report, always.
8 works perfectly for most. and you feel personally hurt, that's your problem. they are busy, and try to take care of most. get your part done well, then i'm sure they will do their part well. he apologized for the lack of responce, and gave you a tip how to do your part to never have that again. what's wrong with that?
Capisci?
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:24 pm

davepermen wrote: 8 works perfectly for most. and you feel personally hurt, that's your problem. they are busy, and try to take care of most. get your part done well, then i'm sure they will do their part well. he apologized for the lack of responce, and gave you a tip how to do your part to never have that again. what's wrong with that?
Capisci?
How bout we do this Dave: You pretend you're the old lady and that's me with a resounding FUCK YOU!!!

How's that working out for ya Davey?

Probably about as well as Live 8 is working out for MOST it's users I would imagine.

Incidentally, the fact that Dom doesn't work for the Abes, EXPLAINS A LOT about this shit fest of a forum.

Go ahead and can me Dommy. You SUCK.

dom

Post by dom » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:37 pm

DrXparaMental:

Please read the code of behavior for this forum and edit your last post.

Thanks,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

spkey

Post by spkey » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:45 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:Incidentally, the fact that Dom doesn't work for the Abes, EXPLAINS A LOT about this shit fest of a forum. Go ahead and can me Dommy. You SUCK.
I think he meant it's not his company.
Not that he doesn't work for it