Driver Error Compensation doesn't work

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mattianlaseppia

Driver Error Compensation doesn't work

Post by mattianlaseppia » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:54 pm

hello

i've tried setting up the driver error compensation, i've used the lesson about it, with the ableton live set.

i've found out two things, first probably is useless recording the external output to the input because the value obtained is exactly the same called "overall latency" in the preferences/audio/under "driver error compensation"

second, i've set the compensation value, but the audio isn't compensated.

than i've tried putting 300ms just to try.. and the waveform is always there, with its 9.60 ms (i say 9.60 because adjusting the start in the clip the nearest value is 9, but is a bit later, so 9.60 (displayed as overall latency) seems the right value)

so, how to make it work?

thanks

longjohns

Re: Driver Error Compensation doesn't work

Post by longjohns » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:50 am

i can't confirm

the error compensation lesson and it's procedures works fine here

i will say that at first, i tried to go freestyle and set it myself, without the lesson... and got something similar to what you describe

but when I opened the lesson and did it that way, it worked. probably had some monitoring setting wrong

?

praecox

Post by praecox » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:40 pm

i have the same problem with this lesson...

i have connection via RME ADAT out > Yamaha 03D digital mixer > back via ADAT RME in > Live

the audio is 11 ms late but nothing happens when 11 ms set as a Driver Error Compensation value..

is that ADTAT matters?

cheers

j
MBP 2.8 - Retina 15" - Mojave - Live 10

mattianlaseppia

Post by mattianlaseppia » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:55 pm

you have to turn off the monitoring in the ableton track.. and then you will have no latency. you can use the total mix for zero latency monitoring.

praecox

Post by praecox » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:42 pm

yes, you are right.

thnx j
MBP 2.8 - Retina 15" - Mojave - Live 10