Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ze2be

Re: New Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live 8

Post by ze2be » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 am

Nice work guille!

guille

Post by guille » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:49 pm

kjetilhu wrote:Hello.

Two questions:

1. Is this script available for pc as well?

2. Is the script only working in midi-channel 1,2,3 and 4? Is it possible to edit or change this myself in the script? I have already assign a lot of stuff on those channels with 4 controllers....but for example midi-channel 11,12,13 and 14 is available...

Thanks

Kjetil.
guille wrote:
mishik wrote:Dose it work on Windows?
Windows and Mac OS X
2. You can change MIDI channels in consts.py file (names ended _CH). But if you change a constant you must to change the rest of the constants ended _CH with the same number. And remember, channel 1 is 0, channel 2 is 1...

jaimun

Post by jaimun » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:24 pm

It runs on XP nicely.

rccdmn

Post by rccdmn » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:32 pm

Does it function also with keyboard version of Nocturn?

guille

Post by guille » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:26 pm

rccdmn wrote:Does it function also with keyboard version of Nocturn?
Basically yes, but I've not tested.

kjetilhu

Post by kjetilhu » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:39 am

guille wrote:
kjetilhu wrote:Hello.

Two questions:

1. Is this script available for pc as well?

2. Is the script only working in midi-channel 1,2,3 and 4? Is it possible to edit or change this myself in the script? I have already assign a lot of stuff on those channels with 4 controllers....but for example midi-channel 11,12,13 and 14 is available...

Thanks

Kjetil.
guille wrote:
mishik wrote:Dose it work on Windows?
Windows and Mac OS X
2. You can change MIDI channels in consts.py file (names ended _CH). But if you change a constant you must to change the rest of the constants ended _CH with the same number. And remember, channel 1 is 0, channel 2 is 1...

Thanks Guille, but how can I open the const.py file? ....

K.
Musician and producer http://www.optical-substance.com

Ableton Suite 8 with M4L
Cubase 5
Novation Remote 37 SL
Novation Nocturn
Novation Launchpad
Evolution UC-33e
Akai LPK25
Fatar VMK-188 pluss
Korg Kaos Pad III
Dave Smith Evolver

jaimun

Post by jaimun » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:22 pm

You can do it on Python's editor, called IDLE. Of course you need to install Python first.

guille

Post by guille » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks Guille, but how can I open the const.py file? ....
const.py is a text file. You should compile this file and copy const.pyc generated. Mac OS X includes python interpreter, but if you have Snow Leopard then you must to use python2.5 command instead python.

pawcut

Post by pawcut » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:34 am

hey , guille this is really working well and a huge timesaver.... one question still: is it normal that with every reboot of my pc i have to assign the midi channels and cotrl maps again ?
i open ableton - assign the 4 channels and maps , save and set it as default client for that ableton project , save it even in ableton as a "nocturn template ".
everything is fine til rebootin, after that i only have the user map assigned and all 4 midi-channels are located in the user group . its taking ages for the nocturn to search clients when i start ableton and above is the result ....
could it be my other ctrl like the oxygen v2 's direct link , or ni 's machine are messing things up ?

anybody else issues like dat ??

doremifa

Post by doremifa » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:41 pm

yep me to

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Pawcut, no that doesn't seem normal. I don't ever have to do anything once it's set up. All the maps stay in their assigned channels and groups.

pawcut

Post by pawcut » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:49 pm

hey doremifa , what other ctrl -surfaces u use withableton ?
doremifa , delicioso, stacked with italians in here 8O , doesnt matter to me as long as were not talking soccer :wink:

doremifa

Post by doremifa » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:36 pm

I use also BCR2000

guille

Post by guille » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:43 pm

pawcut wrote:hey , guille this is really working well and a huge timesaver.... one question still: is it normal that with every reboot of my pc i have to assign the midi channels and cotrl maps again ?
i open ableton - assign the 4 channels and maps , save and set it as default client for that ableton project , save it even in ableton as a "nocturn template ".
everything is fine til rebootin, after that i only have the user map assigned and all 4 midi-channels are located in the user group . its taking ages for the nocturn to search clients when i start ableton and above is the result ....
could it be my other ctrl like the oxygen v2 's direct link , or ni 's machine are messing things up ?

anybody else issues like dat ??
I receive many questions about Automap. However I believe that Novation would be more appropriate to answer them.

I set as default client four times, once for each group (mixer, inst, fx and user). I do not know if it makes sense but it works for me. I never have to setup Automap once I have done this.

tim_is_superduper

Post by tim_is_superduper » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:23 pm

Thanks for this Guille! Absolutely awesome work - fantastically useful and has increased the potential of my nocturn no end since downloading it a few hours ago!

Only one thing though - it's working fine on Live 8.1, but I haven't been able to get it running on Live 7.0.18. I was wondering if this is a general problem with the latest Live 7 version, as I noticed someone else mentioned this earlier on this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated for when I come to do live shows running live 7, otherwise I'll just have to cope with my mouse!

Thanks!

Tim