Wishlist for an update

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
pyrolator

Wishlist for an update

Post by pyrolator » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:02 am

Here are my two top-wishes for an update of Max4Live:

1. Multi-Channel Out

It would be great to be able to route audio from Max4Live into different outputs of Live. It is essential for spatialization and also for multi-channel mixing. It would even help to use "soundflower" within Max4Live, to make routings to other programs or instances of Max/msp.

2. Make the Max-Window bigger.

In Edit-Mode, when the Edit-Window is open there is a certain latency, not usable in Live-situations. For some reasons I do need a bigger view on the max-window. In the moment it is, as all other plugins, in the lower part of the screen - but if it would be sizeable like the waveform-window, this would help a lot in performances.

best wishes
pyro

pyrolator

Re: Wishlist for an update

Post by pyrolator » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:16 pm

there is another wish:

under Device or DeviceParameter in the API/LOM I would love to have the control of opening the plugin-window (like in CMD+ALT+P), could you add this?

thanks
pyro

jon_moore

Post by jon_moore » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:51 pm

pyrolator wrote: 2. Make the Max-Window bigger.
It's really easy to create devices in floating windows like any usual 3rd party plugin. In this example I've broken out the step sequencer into a floating window and added a few bits of essential functionality.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=129361 (check this topic for full details on the functionality).

JM

http://leftside-wobble.blogspot.com/

MacBook Pro 2.8 (10.5.6)

pyrolator

Post by pyrolator » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:24 pm

jon_moore wrote:
It's really easy to create devices in floating windows like any usual 3rd party plugin.
Thanks Jon, I got it, thats not the problem - but thats why I had this "new wish".....

I want to have certain windows open at startup - not to have to click here and there to get all the windows open I need for a performance. It would be great to get in control of this part of the API to make a setup with all the plugins and max-windows that need to be open....

thanks anyway
pyro

andrewbenson

Post by andrewbenson » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:19 pm

@pyrolator, you can probably get what you need out of loadbang and pcontrol objects.

pyrolator

Post by pyrolator » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:13 pm

hi andrew,

you are right, i forgot that pcontrol might work with maxforlive as well as in max/msp. thanks.
It would be great to handle other plugins-windows like that wouldn´t it?

pyro