Latest Live 8 version: Live 8.1 is online!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djnron

Re: Latest Live 8 version: Live 8.1 is online!

Post by djnron » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:58 pm

8.1 Crashes my more complicated sessions upon launch. I have sent a message to support. However, even after removing all midi instruments and 3rd party plugins, the session still won't launch.
Anyone else having this problem? It works perfectly in 8.04
n-ron

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:08 am

Working fine here.

Change log? Just curious...

Migra

Post by Migra » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:39 am

My 8.0.9 is working just fine, I better keep it until something goes wrong! =) :roll:
| MacBook Pro 13" OS X 10.7.1 C2D@2.26 4GB.RAM 500GB.HDD@5400RPM | | Reason 6.5 | Logic Studio 9.1.7 | Cubase Artist 6.5.2 | Traktor Pro 2 | Nexus2 |

auralox

Post by auralox » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:07 am

I am having the same problem too. I tried removing the plugins too. DAMN! I hope they get this figured out. I have been reporting to apple... looking forward to updates...

aizo

Post by aizo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:28 am

For some reason 8.1 doesn't like samples with long names.

I made a simple one drum rack project that I was working on (in the latest version before buying M4L and upgrading to 8.1) that had some samples from KJ Sawka's drum and bass sample pack.
When I fired it up in 8.1, the view of the piano roll was sticking and VERY un-responsive. 1.) I thought it was that my laptop(which 3 years old) couldn't handle the project but not even 1% of the computer was being used on it. 2.) I thought it was that 8.1 and the Launchpad didn't like each other. So, I disconnected it and it was still slow. 3.) I thought it was the routings that I learned from "Fletchmusic" off of Youtube(beatrepeat and LED response for the Launchpad). So I deleted them but it had no effect. 4.) I tried another project and it worked flawlessly. Same exact set up just with different samples in the drum rack. So, I thought maybe somehow that my project had became corrupted, so I saved the drum rack and the midi file and created a new project. No luck it was still groggy as shit. No change. So I reloaded the same samples in a new drum rack in a new project and the same results! I was like WTF????? 5.) I thought maybe the asd files were fucked up so I deleted them all....no effect. 6.) Then I took a sample from the same file and put it in a new drum rack(not sample that I used in the previous track but a different sample from the same pack). It worked fine. No hang ups or ANYTHING! I was like huh??? Why does this work? So I added ONE sample from the previous drum rack and boom... groggy again. 7.) The sample that worked from the same pack was a hihat sample named "KJ_Open_14." One of the samples in the problem project(which is right below in the list in the sample pack) was named "KJ_Super_Pro_Hat1." I used super pro hihat 1 and 2 in the previous project so I tried in my test to use "KJ_Super_Pro_Hat3." It didn't work. Puzzled and a bit crazy I was like.....well what could it be? the sample name length? So I renamed the samples with long names and everything is perfectly OK. Strange! I had no idea it would have that kind of effect. It worked in 8.0.9. Not 8.1.

Anyway my specs are: OSX 10.4.11 / Black Macbook 2.0 / 2 gigs ram / 200 HDD, Live 8.1 with the Novation LP.
ImageImage

do_om

Post by do_om » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:53 am

I'm having the same problem. 8.1 crashes 2 out of 4 projects
on my upcoming EP. Just needed to go in to do a few quick fixes
today before mastering in a few hours. Now I can't even load these up.

Disable plugs doesn't work for me either.

So, how is that gonna work out then ?

This is not the 1st time abes. Seriously guys, what IS wrong with 8 ?!!
There has been similar problems in the past with projects not loading/crashing.

It's nolonger a bug situation, it's a trust situation. I just can't trust
Live for work anymore, actually it seems like this time around Live is
actually taking work away from me.

Le Do_oM

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Worrisome.
I just deleted 8.0.9 install package and now I'm left with 8.1.
I'm still running on 8.0.4. Maybe not a good time to change?

8O
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

chris vine

Post by chris vine » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:59 pm

alles kool here.

Don't delete yr last good install Pasha............ :roll:

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Hmm... duly noted. I don't really have any reason to update from 8.0.8 at the moment anyway, so
I'll just let 8.1 rest on my hard drive, then.

Alsamarkan

Post by Alsamarkan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:54 pm

do_om wrote:I'm having the same problem. 8.1 crashes 2 out of 4 projects
on my upcoming EP. Just needed to go in to do a few quick fixes
today before mastering in a few hours. Now I can't even load these up.

Disable plugs doesn't work for me either.

So, how is that gonna work out then ?

This is not the 1st time abes. Seriously guys, what IS wrong with 8 ?!!
There has been similar problems in the past with projects not loading/crashing.

It's nolonger a bug situation, it's a trust situation. I just can't trust
Live for work anymore, actually it seems like this time around Live is
actually taking work away from me.

Le Do_oM
I had similar problems with version 8.09. i copied a functional log.txt file from an older 8 version into the folder of the new one. problems are gone so far.
I7 920/6 GB RAM/WIN7/RME 9632/UAD-1/Trigger Finger/APC40/MPK25/Nanokey/Shuttle Pro V2/Live 8 Suite/BFD2 (XFL,8BitKit) Kitcore/Trilian/Omnisphere/FM8/GuitarRig 4/RealGuitar 2/Reflections LE/Waves Vocal Rider/Fabfilter Bundle/SPL Analog Code Bundle 1

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:19 pm

Alsamarkan wrote:
I had similar problems with version 8.09. i copied a functional log.txt file from an older 8 version into the folder of the new one. problems are gone so far.
The log.txt file is just an output file, it isn't "functional" in any way, so it shouldn't make any difference to the running of your program. It is just a log of what has happened, not a preference file.

Your preferences.cfg has more likelihood of affecting matters.

auralox

Post by auralox » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:31 pm

8O Hey again ya'll - just wanted to give a quick update. I happen to be anal about saving my installers and when I got to the office today where I have my backups I reinstalled Live v. 8.09 from the disk image and it was able to open the two files that were consistently crashing Live 8.1. Sooooo, I assume that this will work for other of ya'll as well. I would be happy to post the disk image up on my server somewhere if it is something that any of you might need, just reply here and I'll check back later this afternoon... Ableton - you might want to be nice and do this yourselves - i.e. offer the downloads of previous versions on your site too!

do_om

Post by do_om » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey Auralox !

You'd be a lifesaver if you could hook me up w/ the 8.09 dmg
as I was stupid enough to bin mine,...never again. Tried to get
abes tech support to hook me up w/ it but so far nada...

Le Do_oM

sparkletone

Post by sparkletone » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 pm

djnron wrote:8.1 Crashes my more complicated sessions upon launch. I have sent a message to support. However, even after removing all midi instruments and 3rd party plugins, the session still won't launch.
Anyone else having this problem? It works perfectly in 8.04
n-ron
I've also run into 8.1 crashing more complicated sets. 8.0.9 handles them fine so I'm not upset or anything, but this is definitely putting a crimp in my plans to buy M4L.

I sent a message to support w/ log.txt as well but haven't heard back yet.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:02 am

Fuck it - I went ahead and installed 8.1 after all, and my first impression is quite good. It's too late to start messing
about now - I need to go to bed - but 8.1 launches a lot faster than 8.0.8.