Tutorial Videos: Sound Design with Analog - Available Now!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nick the Zombie

Tutorial Videos: Sound Design with Analog - Available Now!

Post by Nick the Zombie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:42 am

Hey all,

The new series is finally done and released. It took a lot longer than I had hoped, but I'm really happy with the result. In short, the series contains: A comprehensive rundown of Analog's interface features, basic and advanced subtractive synthesis, and 10 "practical application" videos where I explain tips and techniques in designing various sounds.

These videos go well beyond just watching someone make noises - I've taken a lot of care to explain why I make the parameter adjustments so that you'll actually come away empowered rather than more confused!

More info on the series here: http://nickstutorials.com/products/soun ... ive-analog

Thanks for reading!

- Nick

starving student

Re: Tutorial Videos: Sound Design with Analog - Available Now!

Post by starving student » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:06 am

sounds good what else you got coming up nick?

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:29 am

I'm developing a new series for another company, but other than that I'm just practicing my chops and trying to get some game sound design gigs :)

kb420

Post by kb420 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:29 am

Hey Nick, no discount for those of us who already purchased all of your other videos? :mrgreen:
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:44 am

always looking for new stuff, thanks.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

the girl next door

Post by the girl next door » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:38 am

Are you really a Zombie??

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:58 am

kb420 wrote:Hey Nick, no discount for those of us who already purchased all of your other videos? :mrgreen:
I've had to quit the discount thing for now because my previous system was totally unworkable over the long run. Basically, I was having to send out a custom discount button to each person that requested it while leaving an unprotected directory with all the files just sitting there on my server while I waited for the person to download. Unfortunately, that was abused really heavily by people giving out the unsecure download links to lots of their friends which took up lots of bandwidth and wasn't very fair to my paying customers either.

As a result, I'm now working on an idea involving coupon codes and/or other bonuses that won't bandwidth open to so much abuse. When I do get such a system in place, all people who purchase will be given access. I hope people will understand this predicament and realize that these series are still very low priced for what is offered regardless of the $7 discount.

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 am

the girl next door wrote:Are you really a Zombie??
Honestly, the name fits better than ever with how fast life has been moving lately.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Awesome man, really enjoyed your last tutorials and I also appreciate lag time between releases. Some companies that specialize in tutorials have way too many releases and everything ends up blurring together and you walk away trying to figure out if you learned anything or you can't relocate the one or two tips you wanted to revisit because there's too much content.

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Really glad you're digging the tutorials so far. I agree with your feelings about pumping out too many series in quick succession; I've had the same feelings in the past looking at the release schedule of some of the bigger sites. Part of what I'm trying to do with my site is make it more personalized to individuals rather than huge groups of people that are coming through on an assembly line. I spend 25-50% of my working time each day talking to customers about what they saw in the videos and expanding on techniques with them, so in that sense I wouldn't have time to release more often than I do anyway ;)

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:35 am

Site's been up and down over the last day since my server has been having issues with PHP. The issues should be ironed out now in case anyone tried and failed to pick up the vids.

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:38 am

Nick,

You always do a great job on your vids—I'll be trying to pick these up for sure!!

Nice job!
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

jimyson

Post by jimyson » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:49 am

That's it!!! I've visited your site way too many times and checked out the vids and read the descriptions countless times. I've also read numerous credits given to you by other posters in this forum and others. I just bagged the series. Looking forward to this.

Maybe your next tutorial should be a Reaktor based one :idea:

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Thanks guys, you're very kind :)

@jimyson, I'll definitely be venturing into Native Instruments territory with the tutorials in the near future. I'm thinking doing a series on Massive or Absynth, but Reaktor is certainly a possibility as well. Thanks for the feedback on what you want to see, that kind of thing helps out a lot.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:21 pm

yeah I'd say absynth, reaktor, zebra, or alchemy for the next one. massive is too much of a subtractive synth to really warrant a whole other tutorial. be nice to see some videos on the more esoteric and complex synths out there after you've already pretty much nailed sampling, subtractive, and fm synthesis already
Last edited by Android Bishop on Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.