Electro/Progressive House Track - Feedback Really Needed :)

Share your tracks with other users.
brucek

Electro/Progressive House Track - Feedback Really Needed :)

Post by brucek » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:24 pm

Here's the second house song I've written. It probably about 90% complete. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Constructive Criticism?

http://soundcloud.com/bruce-k/meh

Bright Morningstar

Re: Electro/Progressive House Track - Feedback Really Needed :)

Post by Bright Morningstar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:51 pm

loved the track, track starts off a little slow, but at about halfway it really starts cruisin.

love the 128 bpm tempo, great work, very smooth and professional sounding!

brucek

Post by brucek » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:57 pm

Well sheesh guys! Thanks for the kind words. Huge smile on my face, because of that, was inspired to finish the track.

So here it is: http://soundcloud.com/bruce-k/meh-completed-version

Anyone else have comments/words of wisdom?

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Pretty nice Bruce. I see you're still at it. The song cries out for some more developement. It doesn't seem to progress anywhere and starts to get a little redundant after a while. I enjoyed the overall song and look forward to hearing more from your growing repertoire. Thanks for sharing again.
Terrence Lennon

quikava04

Post by quikava04 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Outstanding progression; I like the solo melody section at time 4:00 to 4:11. That's when the melody really comes in and pulls the whole track together for a rewarding experience. I would suggest adding a stronger clap or a single cymbal crash at 4:15.

Well done.

Download House & Progressive Trance Loops - http://www.LoopBaby.com

brucek

Post by brucek » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm still learning. :)

@quikava04 - Thanks for the kind words. The last break and drop is my favorite too. :) I will make the clap stronger before the drop. Thanks for the suggestion.

My ultimate dislike of this track is the first half. Its progressive in the sense that something is always added (nothing is removed) to build up to that melody introduced halfway through. But I don't feel it has that 'umph' to keep the listener entertained until that point. My fear is that listeners will hear up to maybe 2 minutes and think, 'this is not going anywhere' and stop listening.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make the first half more interesting? Maybe 'tease' the melody in a little bit? I don't want to spoil the surprise melody at the end... If you catch my drift.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:49 am

First things first, the kicks that you have repeating them selves, at 0.28, are those sliced clips of the kick or a beat repeat? either way needs to be fixed while listening you can hear the kicks just sound off while this is going on.

Next, i found the kick was a little loud over the other sounds, or the other sounds where just to low, increasing the volume on these might help it sound better, use a limiter on some tracks to push the volume up a bit.

overall good track. The more you keep going at it the better your work will progress.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::