different Live Configurations possible?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
fisto

different Live Configurations possible?

Post by fisto » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Hi Abes,

i'm switching over to reaper for mixing, and i'd like to know if it's possible to startup ableton with different
configurations.
For example one with ASIO M-Audio USB and one with ASIO-ReaRoute, without having to change that manually.
Changing that is not the big problem, but the Latency-Compensation Number in ms is always a pain.
It's annoying to do that every time i switch from writing to mixing.
I hope that there is a trick to do that faster.

Thanks!

longjohns

Re: different Live Configurations possible?

Post by longjohns » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:54 am

i would assume that you could do two separate installations, each with their own preference settings

sharing a library, surely

fisto

Post by fisto » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:06 pm

i've also thought about that already. Seems to be the fastest solution by now.
You could also make 2 configs and activate the one you need before starting ableton (with placing the right config in the program-folder).

ton

Post by ton » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:54 am

fisto wrote:i'm switching over to reaper for mixing, and i'd like to know if it's possible to startup ableton with different
configurations.
For example one with ASIO M-Audio USB and one with ASIO-ReaRoute, without having to change that manually.
Hi fisto, how are you using Live with ReaRoute? My idea is composing, arranging, automating, doing everything in Live first. When the song is finished that far, including also many hardware synthesizers, where I would have to record them anyway somewhere as audio file, I would prefer recording everything directly via ReaRoute into Reaper instead, to use its more extensive mixing features. This way also the whole composition and mixing work would be separated. How are you using it, do you record directly multiple audio channels from Live into Reaper via ReaRoute or any other method? Thanks in advance.