Cool experimental music made in Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Emissary

Re: Cool experimental music made in Live

Post by Emissary » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:30 pm

I hear sounds like that all the time, they come from my pooper. I did an experimental piece with farts and burps a while back, it sounded a bit like this. Good work dude.

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:33 pm

i like this!

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:49 pm

:lol:
Thanks so much for posting this. It's the most I've laughed for ages. The first minute had me in stitches - what a tonic.

Don't think I'm being dismissive, I wasn't laughing in a derisory way but because the sounds actually provoked laughter, uncontrollably,

But I think it's great - really. I've always loved experimental avant garde type stuff. I'd love to see it performed live.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Emissary wrote:I hear sounds like that all the time, they come from my pooper. I did an experimental piece with farts and burps a while back, it sounded a bit like this.
crumhorn wrote::lol:
Thanks so much for posting this. It's the most I've laughed for ages. The first minute had me in stitches - what a tonic.
:) Jeez, thanks guys. I'll be sure to pass on your comments - are you ok if he uses them in his promo material?

Jarvisimon

Re: Cool experimental music made in Liver

Post by Jarvisimon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:20 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Are you able to download any of your tracks? I'd love to listen to these at different times of the day, if that makes any sense. lol.
Once I get round to it, i'll be releasing an album. I'll announce it in here when I do. I would like to release it in several different formats. A FREE MP3 format which will be good enough for most but wouldn't be acceptable over a PA and a pay format in full quality.

I've come up against a block at the moment. I have discovered some techniques which I think sound great but it's too easy to fall back on them and then it all sounds the same. This is totally against my idea for the album, so i'm having to wire things up very differently for each track and i'm finding it difficult to come up with something equally as interesting. The album will however all be based around random notes and synthesis.

You'd be shocked at how i've been working so far. Eno would pull his hair out if he had any.

penfolder

Post by penfolder » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:26 pm

excellent, really enjoyed the sample material!

checkout http://resonancefm.com/

:wink:
P[P]

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:29 pm

evernaut wrote:
Emissary wrote:I hear sounds like that all the time, they come from my pooper. I did an experimental piece with farts and burps a while back, it sounded a bit like this.
crumhorn wrote::lol:
:) Jeez, thanks guys. I'll be sure to pass on your comments - are you ok if he uses them in his promo material?
I meant it in a supportive way, it does sound like farts, and farts make me happy, thusly this music had the same effect. Tell him to do a trumpet vs fart off in his next track and post it here,

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:39 pm

Emissary wrote: I meant it in a supportive way, it does sound like farts, and farts make me happy, thusly this music had the same effect. Tell him to do a trumpet vs fart off in his next track and post it here,
Yeah, I know...was taken in the same spirit...just yours and Crumhorn's posts in quick succession made me giggle. When I listened back with that in mind, it made me laugh too :lol:

He does more than Avante Fart stuff though...will post up some of the session we did last week soon - bass clarinet, sax, vibes, electric bass and guitar with monomachine - all to trippy visuals.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:57 pm

I dig.
Unsound Designer

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Nice. Thanks for posting.

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:16 pm

crumhorn wrote: I think it's great - really. I've always loved experimental avant garde type stuff. I'd love to see it performed live.
Emissary wrote:Good work dude.
penfolder wrote:excellent, really enjoyed the sample material!
silveriofunk wrote:i like this!
slatepipe wrote:just been listening to concert promo, i really like it. especially the first part.
UnCL0NED wrote:Very Nice Stuff. Always cool to see people pushing the boundaries in music.
stringtapper wrote:I dig.
anybody human wrote:Nice. Thanks for posting.
:D Thanks for listening you lot, and for your kind words. Very much appreciated. Will pass em on :)

My own record is 99.9% ready to roll too. Nothing like this stuff at all - in fact, not like anything anyone usually makes with Ableton Live - it's all songs in a Spoon/Wilco/Neil Finn sort of vibe ...acoustic gats with splashes of crappy drum loops and vintage synths...lots of vocal harmonies...that sort of thing.
But I love doing purely experimental work too - more found soundscapes and acousmatic pieces..and I love playing as part of Radek's thing.
S'all good to me.

koshicontact

Post by koshicontact » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Hi guys,
I found this thread accidently. It really amused me, I have to admit.
I'm really glad you like my farting sounds made on Monomachine and VCS3 :lol: It's worth to say that Live in this project was used as a mixer and 4 tracks recorder, thats all.
It's monomachine and machinedrum all the way + Matt on trumpet processed often with T-Resonator.
BTW intention was to experiment, improvise and explore interaction between digital electronics and trumpet.
concert promo is the most recent one we have online at the moment. I think it's better then the other 3 tracks.

If you like it, have a listen to this track which uses similar loops along with sampled and edited improv:
http://soundcloud.com/koshimazaki/playing-dreams

and the most recent project more mellow and inspired by the visuals:
http://koshimazaki.com/radek/?aquatusz,44

thanks for listening, all constructive criticism helps a lot :)

All the best,

Radek

rdomain

Post by rdomain » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:06 am

I like the melding of acoustic instruments with electronics/looping etc. There were some good bits amongst it but I found the trumpet could possibly feature more. Sort of got lost in the mix. If the trumpet mix was louder, it would of helped smooth out the sound of the electronics somewhat?

You may find this interesting. I did a fully improvised set with a renown local sax player. There was no discussion to what was to be played and we hadn't even heard each other play before, only feedback from other artists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZB45uOMrY

Good to see some other adventurous Ableton users out there. It's not all minimal tech. 8)

Keep up the search for musical boundaries!

koshicontact

Post by koshicontact » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:42 pm

Interesting, I actually tried to put the trumpet up in the mix, we seem to like it in the back though at least most of the time. During whole performance I tend to put it up and down or at least play with the reverb, which makes mix more interesting.
I really like that video you posted, great stuff man, enjoyed specially 3min up to the end. What effect you are using in there? Is it alesis airfx or something of that sort?

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:13 pm

koshicontact wrote:Hi guys,
I found this thread accidently. It really amused me, I have to admit.
Hehehe - forgot to tell you about this Radek :)
koshicontact wrote: and the most recent project more mellow and inspired by the visuals:
http://koshimazaki.com/radek/?aquatusz,44

thanks for listening, all constructive criticism helps a lot :)

All the best,

Radek
Sounds great!