Small workflow improvements.. Post them here..

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
friend_kami

Re: Small workflow improvements.. Post them here..

Post by friend_kami » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:51 am

oooh heres one that recently have been doing my head in:
give us a button/keyboard shortcut/whatever so that we can say select a midi track, hit that button and it will go to "fullscreen" like so: (which will make it way way easier to edit midi stuffs when you have things that goes through several octaves and you dont want to fold, for example if your hand editing stuff or whatever.

ans id also like to have a button that minimizes all track in the arrangement view to a custom height set by you, and maximizes the currently selected track by a custom height set by you, so you can get something like this:
at the push of a button, which would make editing in arrangement view so so sooo much easier when you have alot of tracks.

also the ability to add different colours to your automation, aswell as the ability to show the track while hiding the automation completely. i dont fancy looking at 30 red lines close to each other while trying to focus on a superfast snare roll edit. makes my eyes bleed.

snakedogman

Re:

Post by snakedogman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:46 pm

sparrow wrote:
Poster wrote: COMMAND+U opens the quantize menu.
I know, I said SINGLE key stroke.

Hey this is the small workflow improvement thread :wink:
Hey I'm with you man. I can't understand why they don't make use of single keystrokes for shortcuts. Everything in Live is ctrl+key or ctrl-alt+key or ctrl-shift-alt-fingertwister combinations which is totally unneccesary IMO.
In any case the shortcuts should be USER-CONFIGURABLE!!

disco judas

Post by disco judas » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:52 am

at least on more browser slot (4) but the more the better for me. The best is off course if I could choose how many in preferences

dasz

Post by dasz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Unless this has already been implemented in recent version of Ableton Live (I run 6.0.11).

I would like to be able to adjust the clip height so I can use ableton live with a touchscreen to trigger clips or scenes with my fingers. Or use my mixer.

I should not have to buy Max for live to be able to implement the feature. Having said that, the combo would be nice to have. ;)

esky

Post by esky » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:23 pm

For APC Users...: at last the red frame also viewable in the arrange window around the track view to ease navigation there...

posssu

Post by posssu » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:42 pm

-nudge clips with arrow keys
-when grid is disabled, holding shift to expand selection snaps to grid -> it should be possible to expand selections somehow by NOT snapping to grid.
-key-command to enabling-disabling clips
-better workflow for editing automation: show values when moving curve, show change-to-be-done when moving the curve, instant audible effect on the track when moving the curve (not on mouse-release), being able to automate ON/OFF by selecting a region and dragging it up or down (doesn't work currently)
-more colors and opacity-options
-small color-based miniature-view for vertical scroll bar for better navigation
-more subtle freeze-color for better navigation and track color visibility

Most of all: all kinds of stuff that has to do with editing automation, creating curves, editing points, seeing values...
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

posssu

Post by posssu » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:44 pm

friend_kami wrote: Image
Also, those two blocks (Clip and Notes) should stack vertically when the note-window becomes big enough.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live