Massive no longer recognized by Live

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
klyrish

Massive no longer recognized by Live

Post by klyrish » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:22 pm

Since updating to Live 8.0.9 (and just now 8.1 this morning) Massive has been unusable. I had no problems whatsoever with Live up through version 8.0.5 but with 8.0.9 Massive is no longer appearing in the list of available VST plugins. And when I open a Live set with Massive being used, I get an error stating it can't be found.

When I open up Massive on its own, it works fine. No errors...nothing at all seems to be out of the ordinary. But it will not open in Live anymore. Not even with 8.1 now.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Massive twice and Live once. Nothing changed.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a Core 2 Quad Q8200 w/4GB RAM if that helps anything.

This isn't a huge deal I guess. I've got plenty of other synths to use, but at the same time, I'd like to be able to use Massive again because I paid for it and I see no reason why it should suddenly stop working. I've checked here and at the NI forums and I couldn't find anything about this at either so if I just missed and existing topic, I apologize for double-posting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

arachnaut

Re: Massive no longer recognized by Live

Post by arachnaut » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:07 pm

I just loaded Massive into Live 8.1 with no problem.
Windows XP SP3.

kleine

Post by kleine » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Make sure you run Live as admin and that you have the latest Massive update.

best,
Christian

klyrish

Post by klyrish » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:45 pm

kleine wrote:Make sure you run Live as admin and that you have the latest Massive update.

best,
Christian
I am and I do. Grrr...this is so odd and frustrating. And I can't blow away Live again and reinstall because I'm all out of activations.

Whatever. If I end up NEEDING Massive, I guess I'll install another DAW, do my Massive work in there, export it and import it as audio into Live.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:47 pm

klyrish wrote:I can't blow away Live again and reinstall because I'm all out of activations.
does that really happen? if so, does it really happen on the same hardware?

klyrish

Post by klyrish » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:54 pm

H20nly wrote:
klyrish wrote:I can't blow away Live again and reinstall because I'm all out of activations.
does that really happen? if so, does it really happen on the same hardware?
Yes. I've had to reinstall 3 times due to Windows. Twice because Vista sucked and I had to blow it all away and reformat/reinstall and then the third time when I went to Windows 7. My 4th activation was when I uninstalled and reinstalled to try and get Massive working again and I was informed I was out of activations. I have to contact support and if they deem it okay, they'll grant me more.

I just don't think it's worth it to try and MAYBE get a VST working when the rest of my plugins all work fine.

EDIT: This just seems to be a bug/quirk with my system, not a widespread common thing (like I was hoping so I could either have a fix, have some things to try and fix or have confirmation it was a known error and work was being done on it). So I'll deal. Thanks anyway to all who responded.

kleine

Post by kleine » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:01 pm

What if you create a new VST folder, move the .dll´s and point Live to the new folder in the
Preferences?

best,
Christian

p.s. if you´re out of activations contact us.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:45 pm

kleine wrote:What if you create a new VST folder, move the .dll´s and point Live to the new folder in the
Preferences?

best,
Christian

p.s. if you´re out of activations contact us.
That could work. The other option's to trash your preferences.cfg...

Your Massive forum moderator,
ew