Streaming Ableton output online?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pepezabala

Re: Streaming Ableton output online?

Post by pepezabala » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 am

I want to know that as well. What is best to use to stream live?

julienb

Post by julienb » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:22 pm

I don't like unburry old posts, but I guess it could help one or more.
I suggest to use the last max for live device.
It works with icecast2 streaming server.
It is not design to jam with others, but it works very fine to make a live from your living room for a webcast or anything else related to a streaming server (icecast one)

check it http://designthemedia.com/blog/2011/06/ ... er-oggcast
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

chris vine

Post by chris vine » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:37 pm

PEAVLEY wrote:I'd love to stream my live guitar in live to jam with other musicians .I've tried DML (DIGITAL MUSICIAN)but gotten nowhere.
Have you tried Ejamming Audiio? I've been using it and participating in live improvs simultaneously with people in Germany, Australia and Canada.
There's no latency - or at least I can't figure out how they deal with the latency within the software. The interface is kinda Spinal Tap, I think it owned by Fender :) but audio-wise it is pretty good.
It takes over yr soundcard like Skype, so to use Live you have to have a second computer/soundcard, but just plugging in yr gtr or whatever is no problem.

Mage2k

Post by Mage2k » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:11 am

Here ya go: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/ I used to use it to broadcast live DJ sets from my house to my buddy's online station. I also use it to broadcast over my local network from my DJ room (the basement) so I can pick it up on iTunes and play it over my Airtunes on the stereo in my living room. Plus, it can record you're broadcast for you, too.

julienb

Post by julienb » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 am

Mage2k wrote:Here ya go: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/ I used to use it to broadcast live DJ sets from my house to my buddy's online station. I also use it to broadcast over my local network from my DJ room (the basement) so I can pick it up on iTunes and play it over my Airtunes on the stereo in my living room. Plus, it can record you're broadcast for you, too.
too bad it only works for osx :?
Julien Bayle

Mage2k

Post by Mage2k » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:36 am

julienb wrote:
Mage2k wrote:Here ya go: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/ I used to use it to broadcast live DJ sets from my house to my buddy's online station. I also use it to broadcast over my local network from my DJ room (the basement) so I can pick it up on iTunes and play it over my Airtunes on the stereo in my living room. Plus, it can record you're broadcast for you, too.
too bad it only works for osx :?
Well, I guess I was mostly answering for the OP who said he is on Snow Leopard. Not sure what's out there for windows but I'm sure googling "shoutcast server" will get you started.

julienb

Post by julienb » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 am

The max for live device I designed works both for win and osx.
I could port it to VST if I had some requests.
I could improve it to offer a record feature, but we all know Live can record output during a performance..
Julien Bayle

julienb

Post by julienb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:11 pm

you can also check my streamer.
it is light & efficient.

http://julienbayle.net/blog/2012/07/04/ ... n-for-osx/
Julien Bayle

mrobare

Post by mrobare » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:21 am

hi
i haven't tried it but free

http://www.cockos.com/ninjam/

devobtch
Windows 7 64bit I7 970 3.2 Ghz
12 GB 8 TB storage ASUS 6970 video card
ASUS Rampage Extreme motherboard
Ableton Live 9 Suite Komplete 7 Mach 5 3
Garritan Jazz and Big Band FL Studio and numerous
FL plugins Ozone 5, Autotune 7 Gibson SG
Fender Strat APC 40

miekwave

Post by miekwave » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:00 pm

marcoskohler wrote:What would be the easiest way to stream a DJ set live over internet radio? One of my friends from College has a server, and she wants DJ's to sign up for certain slots and DJ from home, etc. I haven't asked her what software SHE plans to use, but what is the best way to capture Ableton output and stream it to a server?

I am on Snow Leopard.
Connect your Audio interface to her AES/EBU board/unit - problem solved