Is anyone else MASSIVELY excited to see Avatar?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Is anyone else MASSIVELY excited to see Avatar?

Post by Tarekith » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:55 am

I don't know why, but I can't wait to see this one. Was afraid it would be over-hyped, but so far it's getting really good reviews.
Last edited by Tarekith on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

contakt321

Re: Is anyone else MASSIVELY exicted to see Avatar?

Post by contakt321 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:07 am

Tarekith wrote:Was afraid it would be over-hyped, but so far it's getting really good reviews.
Same here.

I actually went to a conference and saw James Cameron talk about the movie for about 15 minutes, it was incredibly boring. The previews and the reviews however, are very encouraging.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:08 am

movie looks awesome cant wait to see it.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:21 am

Yup count me in... I'm all for the full 3-D experience... and a couple of my friends were extras (Space Marines). Lucky bastards - I'd give my left nut to see James Cameron at work.

steff3

Post by steff3 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:21 am

Well,

I do not know. The technically aspect seems too funny. Technology that is quite old and until today everyone in the industry thought it is plain odd to think that people would go to cinemas and want to put on special glasses now is getting pushed.

About the film - a review said that the imagery is 3D and the story is 1D - was to be expected I think.

Together it seems like another try by hollywood to add another technical trick so that people go and see their lousy films. Make money with the same old no-idea approach by freshing/spicing it up with some other old technology.

Oh well ...

best

COSM

Re: Is anyone else MASSIVELY excited to see Avatar?

Post by COSM » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:59 am

Rumors are they are already producing blue fleshlights.

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:07 am

theres a few of us going tomorrow night to the 3d imax - should be killer. im still struggling with the concept of a guy who gets giggy with a 9ft blue cat. but you know those army types.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:44 am

COSM wrote:Rumors are they are already producing blue fleshlights.
hehehehehehe

kristian

Post by kristian » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:41 am

I heard the plot was totally unrealistic and that the actors were so bad they could have just replaced them with computer animated characters.... waaaaait a minute...

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:00 pm

I am totally UN-excited by this movie release.

I LOVED some cameron films, really impacting at the day they were released, but this...

=> WHY DO ALIENS ALWAYS SEEM SO ANTHROPOMORPHIC?????

what's the deal of capture cinemotion stuff, $$$$ 3D imaging, if to create human-like creatures????

are we so narrow-minded that we can not imagine descent creatures without the same structure and evolution mappings as us???

if at least they got 4 arms..

but even... 2 eyes, 2 legs, one 'tiger' nose, 2 elfic ears and eyes, hairs like indians, clothes like amerindians, sexual bi-partition male/female

WTF do they have NO imagination???

same for the pandora world, really nice looking, but, wait, trees, plants, water, air (ok, some differences about gravity rules, strange animals...)

I'm not at all excited.

THIEVES

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:27 pm

I dunno, I'm gonna watch it for sure if anything just to marvel at the FX. But I don't get really excited about it as a film from the stuff I've seen and heard about it so far.
In fact everything i've seen so far seems to place this firmly in Star Wars Episode I-III territory with James Cameron as the new George Lucas. And that's not a good thing. It's gonna feature lots of megalomanic "visionary" environments, battles between spaceships and blue people with spears (getting visions of Ewoks fighting Stormtroopers here) where of cours the blue people win. And of course it will have an obligatory incredibly tacky and predictable inter-species romantic angle.
Well I hope I'm gonna be proven wrong and reviews so far have proven positive, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:30 pm

I am. :mrgreen:
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Yeah, if your a bit of an old fart like me, how can you resit what computer evolution has produced.

Remembering old tech is like a song from Bladerunner somehow, I get flashbacks when I look up old gear on E-bay, and with every release of a new sci-fi film I get closer to the ultimate dream that computer's are going to give us.

I can't wait to hear the score also, infact the sound design is going to be a bit of a focus for me, I've been trying to dream of a movie that has a complete soundscore by someone like 'Hybrid' that blends movieesque dance/break beat and other electonic styles into a music driven sci-fi adventure, a bit retro, as if back in the day's when music was a less incidental and sometimes played between acts/chapters in the film.

However, I'm watching 'AI' at the moment out of one eye, while I write this, getting used to the images and colours for a minute, while I wait for tomorow and my trip to see 'Avatar'.

I think it's bloody marveleous, I think it all is, moving pictures and great soundtracks. 8)

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Whoa, didn't know this was in 3-D. I gotta see it now....haven't ever seen a proper 3-D movie!

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:04 pm

3d movies make me sick. I didn't know this was 3d either. Now I'm less excited, but I wasn't planning on going to the theater to see it anyway.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent