Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
guille

Re: New Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live 8

Post by guille » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:28 am

tim_is_superduper wrote:Thanks for this Guille! Absolutely awesome work - fantastically useful and has increased the potential of my nocturn no end since downloading it a few hours ago!

Only one thing though - it's working fine on Live 8.1, but I haven't been able to get it running on Live 7.0.18. I was wondering if this is a general problem with the latest Live 7 version, as I noticed someone else mentioned this earlier on this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated for when I come to do live shows running live 7, otherwise I'll just have to cope with my mouse!

Thanks!

Tim
I don't tested this script with Live 7. I've used some features of Live 8 API. But if latest version of Live 7 has the same API it should work.

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Thx you very much for that, really usefull with launchpad.

etapiero

Post by etapiero » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi Guille, I'm the person who emailed you about the instrument bank selector not working. I figured out that that I could scroll through parameter banks with Live's internal effects but not with audio units. External plugins (whether they have less than 8 parameters or you assign them yourself with the configure option) only work for the 8 first parameters.

thanks again for this mod!

e

boboter

Post by boboter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Hey Guille,

I just wanted to tell you how insanely usefull and fun your script is. Everything works fast and flawless.

Is there a possibilty you will enhance the Mixer section for tracks 9-16 in the future?
jogging house .... synths, samples, nostalgia & delay.
soundcloud . bandcamp . facebook . vimeo . tumblr

guille

Post by guille » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:25 pm

etapiero wrote:Hi Guille, I'm the person who emailed you about the instrument bank selector not working. I figured out that that I could scroll through parameter banks with Live's internal effects but not with audio units. External plugins (whether they have less than 8 parameters or you assign them yourself with the configure option) only work for the 8 first parameters.

thanks again for this mod!

e
I've updated Nocturn RS4L rev. 2.1 that fix this bug. Now parameter banks also work with AU/VST plugins. Thank you for the report.

guille

Post by guille » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:28 pm

boboter wrote:Hey Guille,

I just wanted to tell you how insanely usefull and fun your script is. Everything works fast and flawless.

Is there a possibilty you will enhance the Mixer section for tracks 9-16 in the future?
You can switch track banks with buttons of Fx section.

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:45 am

guille wrote:I've updated Nocturn RS4L rev. 2.1 that fix this bug. Now parameter banks also work with AU/VST plugins. Thank you for the report.
Nice. I assume no changes to the automap files and just to the pyc files?

dewert

Post by dewert » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Just want to add my voice to the support for these scripts - I think they should be included in Live to make the Nocturn an officially supported device!

A few things on the user automap:
- it works better if scrub, scene, and track are set to increment/decrement, instead of a range
- also, play should act as normal, not toggle; and stop should be momentary - the lights make more sense that way

Other than that, perfect!

I am using Live 8.0.4, and Automap 3.1 - for some reason, Automap 3.4 doesn't work at all, even if just trying to do MIDI learn! Has anyone else had this problem? (The MIDI indicator light doesn't come on at all!)

Sorry, I realise that's actually a different topic, but I'm happy with 3.1 for now, so I'm not going to bother working out what's wrong until 3.5 comes out :P

guille

Post by guille » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:10 pm

delicioso wrote:
guille wrote:I've updated Nocturn RS4L rev. 2.1 that fix this bug. Now parameter banks also work with AU/VST plugins. Thank you for the report.
Nice. I assume no changes to the automap files and just to the pyc files?
That is.
dewert wrote: - it works better if scrub, scene, and track are set to increment/decrement, instead of a range
- also, play should act as normal, not toggle; and stop should be momentary - the lights make more sense that way
But scrub, scene and track are as inc/dec mode!
I am using Live 8.0.4, and Automap 3.1 - for some reason, Automap 3.4 doesn't work at all, even if just trying to do MIDI learn! Has anyone else had this problem? (The MIDI indicator light doesn't come on at all!)

Sorry, I realise that's actually a different topic, but I'm happy with 3.1 for now, so I'm not going to bother working out what's wrong until 3.5 comes out :P
Automap 3.4 works fine for me.

But 90% of issues that I've received are about Automap.

madlab

Post by madlab » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 am

I don't have the transport commands in the user template since the last update.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:07 am

madlab wrote:I don't have the transport commands in the user template since the last update.
Mine is fine with the last update. Most problems people have are usually the Automap software acting up. The best thing to do in that case is to redo each map by clearing all the control maps and reloading the map and save as default. By the way, for the last update of this script, all I had to do was to replace the Nocturn folder inside the Live application. I didn't even touch the automap files.

lozz

Post by lozz » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone had any success with Gullie's Effort in Live 7.0.18?

I have just bought a nocturn assuming it would be the perfect piece of kit for controlling my live devices only to be massively disappointed to find it doesn't do anything I expected it too, it wasn't that clear to me it only worked with VST/AU plugs.

A ray of light in Gullies work here, but Ive failed to get it to pick up, but Im a total novice when it comes to automap, so I dont know if I have messed up there or the scripts just do not function under Live 7.

The Nocturn is available in the Midi Sync prefs however.

Any help appreciated, and massive skills to gullie for something I completely expected the device to do out of the box.

guille

Post by guille » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:49 pm

lozz wrote:Hi all,

Has anyone had any success with Gullie's Effort in Live 7.0.18?

I have just bought a nocturn assuming it would be the perfect piece of kit for controlling my live devices only to be massively disappointed to find it doesn't do anything I expected it too, it wasn't that clear to me it only worked with VST/AU plugs.

A ray of light in Gullies work here, but Ive failed to get it to pick up, but Im a total novice when it comes to automap, so I dont know if I have messed up there or the scripts just do not function under Live 7.

The Nocturn is available in the Midi Sync prefs however.

Any help appreciated, and massive skills to gullie for something I completely expected the device to do out of the box.
I've tryed to use the script with Live 7.0.18 but Python byte code files (pyc) are not compatible. If you compile old version of pyc files, Live 7 don't found some API 8 members that scripts need. So my scripts doesn't work with Live 7.0.18, sorry.

lozz

Post by lozz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:26 pm

No Problem Gullie, thank you.

I shall go down the User Remote Script route and use Device racks instead, until Im ready to upgrade to live 8.

Take Care!

11olsen

Post by 11olsen » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 am

Respect for your work guille! justgot the nocturn and tested your script. awesome!