ABLETON BEING STRECHED TOO THIN

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
HeadrickProductions

ABLETON BEING STRECHED TOO THIN

Post by HeadrickProductions » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:11 am

Been checking thru the forum cause I never really post hear. Alot posted seems to be problems with live 8. It does not seem to matter that it is a mac or Pc, we all will agree that there are problems unless you are tying to fire 8 clips sit there listen, and then fire a few more. For those of us who are "smart mixing with traktor", torq, using multiple vst at the same time with tons of effect, firing a million clips using mutiple control surfaces, and using max for live, or the future live squared....really need a stable version. I will continue to scream that the IDEA BEHIND ABLETON LIVE AND WHERE THEY ARE GOING IS AMAZING. The problem I see and I am sure long time user already know, is that maybe ableton is trying to cover to many areas of the software market.

1. Djing
2. Recording/editing

Now as so many people know all software has issues. No matter how stable we will always have problem linking the hardware to software. But we notice that programs that contrate on specific things and do not deviate have the most stability and success. The exsample that I have reason, serato (traktor is solid as well) komplete vst, pro tools. Although everything crashes these are the ones that have choosen not to waver when it comes to gimics (sp?) to sell software.

I will stop rambling and get to the point. Maybe ableton should think about splitting up the software into two sepearte idea. This might be seen as a dumb idea, but I am jst trying to figure a way to get this software to work in the way that I think the programers intended which was a stable intuitive program that can allow unlimited creativity with efficent work flow.
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

timothyallan

Re: ABLETON BEING STRECHED TOO THIN

Post by timothyallan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:19 am

Have you talked with them about it?

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:19 am

so......use something else. I don't understand what this is supposed to do for anyone. And it's becoming a trend.
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:41 am

HeadrickProductions wrote:Been checking thru the forum cause I never really post hear. Alot posted seems to be problems with live 8. It does not seem to matter that it is a mac or Pc, we all will agree that there are problems unless you are tying to fire 8 clips sit there listen, and then fire a few more. For those of us who are "smart mixing with traktor", torq, using multiple vst at the same time with tons of effect, firing a million clips using mutiple control surfaces, and using max for live, or the future live squared....really need a stable version. I will continue to scream that the IDEA BEHIND ABLETON LIVE AND WHERE THEY ARE GOING IS AMAZING. The problem I see and I am sure long time user already know, is that maybe ableton is trying to cover to many areas of the software market.

1. Djing
2. Recording/editing

Now as so many people know all software has issues. No matter how stable we will always have problem linking the hardware to software. But we notice that programs that contrate on specific things and do not deviate have the most stability and success. The exsample that I have reason, serato (traktor is solid as well) komplete vst, pro tools. Although everything crashes these are the ones that have choosen not to waver when it comes to gimics (sp?) to sell software.

I will stop rambling and get to the point. Maybe ableton should think about splitting up the software into two sepearte idea. This might be seen as a dumb idea, but I am jst trying to figure a way to get this software to work in the way that I think the programers intended which was a stable intuitive program that can allow unlimited creativity with efficent work flow.
the problem is that people will still push the software until something breaks. you answered your own question.

you seem determined to rant that Live 8 is unstable. tell me exactly how to crash my computer with Live. I will be honest with my results.

it's not as bad as the audio quality crap that's been going on but lots of people like yourself are simply parroting the line "Live 8 sucks" without giving evidence to an actual bug that crashes Live. I really enjoy the software I want it to be solid, but the lame trolling that's going on ironically won't get anything fixed. you guys just get your jollies from ranting in the face of the people that made the software.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

d-track

Post by d-track » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:46 am

Tone Deft wrote:
HeadrickProductions wrote:Been checking thru the forum cause I never really post hear. Alot posted seems to be problems with live 8. It does not seem to matter that it is a mac or Pc, we all will agree that there are problems unless you are tying to fire 8 clips sit there listen, and then fire a few more. For those of us who are "smart mixing with traktor", torq, using multiple vst at the same time with tons of effect, firing a million clips using mutiple control surfaces, and using max for live, or the future live squared....really need a stable version. I will continue to scream that the IDEA BEHIND ABLETON LIVE AND WHERE THEY ARE GOING IS AMAZING. The problem I see and I am sure long time user already know, is that maybe ableton is trying to cover to many areas of the software market.

1. Djing
2. Recording/editing

the problem is that people will still push the software until something breaks. you answered your own question.

you seem determined to rant that Live 8 is unstable. tell me exactly how to crash my computer with Live. I will be honest with my results.

it's not as bad as the audio quality crap that's been going on but lots of people like yourself are simply parroting the line "Live 8 sucks" without giving evidence to an actual bug that crashes Live. I really enjoy the software I want it to be solid, but the lame trolling that's going on ironically won't get anything fixed. you guys just get your jollies from ranting in the face of the people that made the software.
i am curious about other daws in this perspectivee. how does it comnpare to them?
Last edited by d-track on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dooZ

Post by dooZ » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:51 am

yes please crash ms. pinky for me? i'm getting tons of crashes..

actually just submitted the bug report.

it is quite obvious to me there are still serious developments happening because of how new the technology is. that is expected but that makes me nervous enough not to use live 8.1.x live..

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:33 am

its not helping finding the bug´s to call everyone that complains about crashes a ranter...

and when this "ranting" becomes a trend some alarm bells should ring.. in the end of the day live is live and build for live... its no modular software syntheziser like max or reaktor.. it has to be more stable than tools you use in your bedroom..

however.. live 8.1 is far more stable than the previous versions.. but still not a refined as it should be after 8 month...

thats probably the price for the integration of max any user has to pay..

so the idea to split the program in 2 would have been a good one if this would have been considred much earlier...

actually a live integration into max would have been the better idea here...

seeing that the majority of life users dont really bothers about max...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:54 am

it couldn't possibly be that the half of these claims of crashes and instability are related to cracked software.....it definately couldn't be that. No way in hell anyone would come on here and complain that their illegal software doesn't work right.

I have had no issues since legally purchasing Live and love it. To the proud owners who are suffering from problems I am sorry, you have come this far, and you know it is worth it. $0.02
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:00 am

no its live 8 bugs.. nobody questions that anymore... but not all users experiance them because part of them are hardware related and another part only appears with power usage and not when only playing a bit around

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:03 am

fair enough...can you explain power usage? I am genuinely(sp) interested. Like how much CPU is being used or the electrical power?
TrypseT

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:07 am

Trypset wrote:it couldn't possibly be that the half of these claims of crashes and instability are related to cracked software.....it definately couldn't be that. No way in hell anyone would come on here and complain that their illegal software doesn't work right.

I have had no issues since legally purchasing Live and love it. To the proud owners who are suffering from problems I am sorry, you have come this far, and you know it is worth it. $0.02
^^

It would be interesting how many of these 'fly by' comments would still
be made if this forum was restricted to legit registered users of Live.

But then all the people using cracked versions wouldn't have this great resource.........

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:16 am

Trypset wrote:fair enough...can you explain power usage? I am genuinely(sp) interested. Like how much CPU is being used or the electrical power?

when your crashfiles from the betas are to big to be recieved by the email server of bet@ableton you are probably a power user

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:42 am

Getting lots of crashes on 8.1 (10.6) without ability to recover (not enough memory error message). Had them on other versions of 8 and other versions of OSX.

Also have a big bug with device-select not working.

These are crippling to me right now. I have support requests in. I have high hopes.

This is the most unsettling release of Live I've ever used.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:02 am

I don't have any bugs, other than Looper not being very good. What are you guys doing exactly? What are you trying to do? Don't push on the screen door, open it. List the bugs. Have you contacted Ableton? Is this a CPU usage thing? If I had an issue, I would contact the manufacturer immediately, as I always do when I have a computer problem and it gets solved within a day and a half tops. Unless they've outsourced support to India then I figure it out myself (thanks Apple). BKeeping your system working is part of playing music.

Programs crash unfortunately.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:06 am

nowtime wrote:Getting lots of crashes on 8.1 (10.6) without ability to recover (not enough memory error message). Had them on other versions of 8 and other versions of OSX.

Also have a big bug with device-select not working.

These are crippling to me right now. I have support requests in. I have high hopes.

This is the most unsettling release of Live I've ever used.
Woah, that sucks. Sorry man. Do you save often? Does that help with recovery? The device select thing is bizarre. I've just never had these problems. Scrolling thru vst presets or loading a plugin has crashed Live before but very rarely, that's it. Sorry to hear it's not working.