Izotope Ozone 4 users

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jamief

Izotope Ozone 4 users

Post by jamief » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:33 pm

i was thinking of buying this plugin. ANy one have experience of it. i was looking at adding it to our mastering rack. :)

d-track

Re: Izotope Ozone 4 users

Post by d-track » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:52 pm

good one but you cant duplicate (or more) and arrange objects (comp, eq etc) inside one instance. you can do it in t-racks.
and when you select bands for compression (for example) it affects your other objects bands too (exciter, reverb etc)
i tried it and found tht i need to put at least 4-5 instances of ozone 4 onto the master track and when all is set to maximum then it eats all of my cpu plus loose quality when chaining 5 times inside live
consider this before buy but must note it has the best lmaster imiter/compressor (called intelligent mode 2), far better than t-racks

jamief

Post by jamief » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:00 pm

d-track wrote:good one but you cant duplicate (or more) and arrange objects (comp, eq etc) inside one instance. you can do it in t-racks.
and when you select bands for compression (for example) it affects your other objects bands too (exciter, reverb etc)
i tried it and found tht i need to put at least 4-5 instances of ozone 4 onto the master track and when all is set to maximum then it eats all of my cpu plus loose quality when chaining 5 times inside live
consider this before buy but must note it has the best lmaster imiter/compressor (called intelligent mode 2), far better than t-racks
Cool many thanks for your thoughts. Will look into t racks as well

best :)

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:28 pm

I use ozone 3 to add a little polish to my turds :)

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Rave wrote:I use ozone 3 to add a little polish to my turds :)
Wait... but you can't polish a turd! :?:

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:25 am

Well I ain't volunteering to try it - sounds rather messy and smelly :mrgreen:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:36 am

d-track wrote: i tried it and found tht i need to put at least 4-5 instances of ozone 4 onto the master track and when all is set to maximum then it eats all of my cpu plus loose quality when chaining 5 times inside live
WTF are you trying to do there?

Actually, that should prolly be W the fuck...

d-track

Post by d-track » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:45 am

evernaut wrote:
d-track wrote: i tried it and found tht i need to put at least 4-5 instances of ozone 4 onto the master track and when all is set to maximum then it eats all of my cpu plus loose quality when chaining 5 times inside live
WTF are you trying to do there?

Actually, that should prolly be W the fuck...
what do you want or what did not you get?

abort

Post by abort » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:48 am

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass but YES you can polish a turd, myth busters confirmed it.

I found that most of the presets in Ozone 4 to be too drastic for everyday use. Most of my turds despite myth busters confirmation stay unpolished for a low but true reason. ...they are simply turds!

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:19 am

d-track wrote: what do you want or what did not you get?
I'm asking the same question of you and the way you are attempting to use it.

Using up to 5 instances of Ozone on the 2 buss is just overkill - a total waste of cpu...and adding unneccessarily to your signal path.

d-track

Post by d-track » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:35 am

evernaut wrote:
d-track wrote: what do you want or what did not you get?
I'm asking the same question of you and the way you are attempting to use it.

Using up to 5 instances of Ozone on the 2 buss is just overkill - a total waste of cpu...and adding unneccessarily to your signal path.

when i want to apply compression from 2khz to 8 khz then i cant apply exciter from 6 khz to 11khz.
just an example why i have to use 2 instances instead of 1. and so on...
because the bands crossover markers are the same in every effect inside 1 instance.
maybe i missed something and the markers can be unlocked.
then let me know!
thx

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:04 am

I like the MBIT+ dither and limiter in Ozone 4, wouldn't use the other aspects myself.

Using 5 instances of Ozone is just ... ummm...
8O

steff3

Post by steff3 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:15 am

[quote="d-track"]good one but you cant duplicate (or more) and arrange objects (comp, eq etc) inside one instance. you can do it in t-racks.
consider this before buy but must note it has the best lmaster imiter/compressor (called intelligent mode 2), far better than t-racks[/quote]

Of course you can re-order the processing chain in Ozone as in any Izotope plugin .... And yes, the multiband processors are one block - if you do not use linear phase crossovers this is highly desirable and reasonable that they cannot be separated, and with linear phase it would most likely push latency and CPU consumption over the top.

You have four bands and can copy settings from one band to the other, so your two band compressor and two band exciter stuff is possible within one instance.

Sorry, but if you need 4-5 instances on the master you should first try to fix stuff in the mix ...

best

d-track

Post by d-track » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:33 am

yes i can rearrange them but cant duplicate AND rearrange for example 2 comps.
the copy-paste thing has nothing to do with what i say. i know its linear phase, but there is nothing weird in that i want to apply effects in slightly different ranges than other effects band interval.
you missed the point and thanks, nothing wrong with my mixes i just dont use ozone. there are better alternatives out there.
whatever, its a good plugin for simple and quick reasonable mastering.
mbit+ and limiter.