Ableton Live 8- e mail delivery-- from indonesia??- on ebay

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
*valentin*

Ableton Live 8- e mail delivery-- from indonesia??- on ebay

Post by *valentin* » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Hey everyone

i was on ebay and found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ableton-8-Live-Emai ... 1e59b66c0b

Does anyone know anything about this? like can i actually register this here so i can use it?

i already contacted the seller.

i tried contacting the buyers but ebay doesn't let me for "protection"

Trypset

Re: Ableton Live 8- e mail delivery-- from indonesia??- on ebay

Post by Trypset » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:05 pm

whats wrong with getting it from the official Ableton site?

Is someone selling their pre-existing license?
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax

ark

Post by ark » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:24 pm

*valentin* wrote:Does anyone know anything about this? like can i actually register this here so i can use it?
You can if the seller is honest. Download and install the demo version and activate it with the serial number.

The question, then, is whether the seller is honest. I can't help you answer that one.

shatzer

Post by shatzer » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:43 pm

I called up support before when selling a few Ableton licenses and it doesn't matter where they are. I sold one in Canada and one in UK. (Im in the US) The thing that gets me is in the ebay return policy, it states "no refund for used key/user failure" and that they will send you the key in 24 hours. This is the wrong way of doing it so i would beware of this. In order to "legally" transfer the license, they need to contact support with their info and then transfer the license with your info. Just giving you the key would not benefit you as you would not get any updates, upgrades, etc.. because it wouldn't be in your name and you would still not legally "own" the product. If you're going to buy this i would contact the seller with this information.

*valentin*

Post by *valentin* » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:30 pm

seems kinda sketchy to me

this seller is also selling download versions of Ableton Suite 8.

and i looked at the history and he has sold copies of "Windows 7 ULTIMATE RETAIL- New Key for 32 Bit & 64 bit"

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:55 pm

*valentin* wrote:seems kinda sketchy to me

and i looked at the history and he has sold copies of "Windows 7 ULTIMATE RETAIL- New Key for 32 Bit & 64 bit"
just get him to contact support tell them you are buying it then once you pay him he emails support and tells them to release the licence. You could even perhaps cc support in on the paypal payment, that way everyone is protected.

Disclaimer, i don't know if they do that but they are generally pretty cool ppl the Abletrons so worth an ask. . .
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

*valentin*

Post by *valentin* » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:31 am

tw1nstates wrote:
*valentin* wrote:seems kinda sketchy to me

just get him to contact support tell them you are buying it then once you pay him he emails support and tells them to release the licence. You could even perhaps cc support in on the paypal payment, that way everyone is protected.

Disclaimer, i don't know if they do that but they are generally pretty cool ppl the Abletrons so worth an ask. . .
seems like too much of a headache.

I am able to upgrade to the full version of Live 8 (from lite 8) for 230 (thanks to my Live Coupon!)

so i might as well pay the extra 30 bucks instead of loosing 200$.

and yes The Abers are really cool people.. they respond to your emails in a timely manner

now... native instruments... thats a whole different story hahah.

Jacqueslacouth

Post by Jacqueslacouth » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:42 am

You will find a LOT of ebayers in Aus have a no Indonesian transaction policy. It has long been known as a knock off shop heartland to Aussie tourists. They have pirated tapes for ever, later software, CD's and brand name clothes and shoes. You may get some product, but in all likelyhood it will not be legal...AVOID.