Problem witc Max Cs Step Sequecencer

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
djthopa

Problem witc Max Cs Step Sequecencer

Post by djthopa » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:20 am

Hi,

I have two Akai Apc 40 and I was wondering if this could be possible. As you know the akai has a 8x5 grid. When Loading the Cs Step Sequencer included in Max for live and selecting the apc, sequences can only be 1 Bar long (8 beats) which is the lenght of the grid on the Apc.
I was wondering if there´s a way two use both of the grids on the Apcs, so instead of 8 beats you could have 16. So the first 8 would be controlled by the first Apc, and 8-16 from the second Apc.

I have tried everything without success, even the new Novation Max4live Launchpad step sequencer, because it has a feature called, second page, and you can edit beats 8-16.

I guess this could be done somehow in Max4live, but it would be needed to select 2 contol surfaces as for beats 1-8 and a second surface for beats 8-16.

I feel sequecences of 8 beats are quite short, I know you can have 16 beats on the apc, but its quite confussing because pattern show from beat 1-8 and the 8-6, I would really like to see the whole sequence from 1-16on the two apc (APC1 ( Beats 1-8) Apc2 (Beats 8-16)

Any ideas??? Can this be done with two Launchpads maybe?

Thanks a lot

Have a good Xmass time

djthopa

Re: Problem witc Max Cs Step Sequecencer

Post by djthopa » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:41 am

Hi,

I found a solution :)

Put two cs Stepsequencer on the same midi track. Select bar 1 or the first one and bar 2 on the second one

Happy Xmass

33tetragammon

Re: Problem witc Max Cs Step Sequecencer

Post by 33tetragammon » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:29 am

djthopa wrote:Hi,

I found a solution :)

Put two cs Stepsequencer on the same midi track. Select bar 1 or the first one and bar 2 on the second one

Happy Xmass
hi,

there's no need for that.you can navigate through your bars with the "bank select" cursor buttons on the apc-40 :

left/right=previous/next 8 steps.

up/down=navigate through the 16 cells in a drumrack.

you can also enable "follow" in the cs stepsequencer,which will follow the current clip's step position.\

essentially,the lenght can be as long as the length of any clip.

hope that helps!