Quality

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
8O

Quality

Post by 8O » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:24 pm

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132761

...certainly gets my understanding and agreement - 100% - and thanks Gerhard and Bernd for stating this publicly.

I'm sure your message will be wholly appreciated and welcomed by all of us Live 8 users...

Guten Rutsch!

nbinder

Re: Quality

Post by nbinder » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:29 pm

I think this is what 99% of the users (at least those posting here) want to see. Thanks for the clarification. :D

[German]
Von mir auch einen guten Rutsch und einen guten Start ins neue Jahr!
[/German]

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:33 pm

Good post.

Good to see Ableton acknowledge and accept their responsibilities and not just deny and ignore issues like many other software developers.

Vielen Dank Gerhard und Bernd.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Live actually crashed on my laptop 3 times yesterday. I was really shocked as it has never totally crashed before. This statement from the Abes gives me renewed confidence in Live.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Is there a better company out there?

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:41 pm

what exactly is meant by "open ended and will result in a free Live 8 update"?

updates are always free, are they not? upgrades are not.

does this also mean that they are going to cancel the announcement at NAMM?

and how about you suspend new development and rewrite from the ground up for Live 9 so that people can have their session view automation recording!?!

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Thanx from me as well.

I can say that Live 8.1 is running pretty stable for me, but many people are having problems and it should be priority to get those people a stable Live.

So, good decision! :)

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:43 pm

leedsquietman wrote:Good post.

Good to see Ableton acknowledge and accept their responsibilities and not just deny and ignore issues like many other software developers.

Vielen Dank Gerhard und Bernd.
finally.

thank you!

i already started to doubt that it is a german company with german attitude. thanks! that is what we want to see.

really nice to acknowledge the problems! honesty and truth always will get you way further!

cheers
axel
Last edited by SubFunk on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

Rave

Post by Rave » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:43 pm

I love Ableton. :mrgreen:

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:46 pm

yeah its good to see this kind of pulic statement and commitment.

fair play to them for doing it.

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:47 pm

McQ714 wrote:what exactly is meant by "open ended and will result in a free Live 8 update"?

updates are always free, are they not? upgrades are not.

does this also mean that they are going to cancel the announcement at NAMM?

and how about you suspend new development and rewrite from the ground up for Live 9 so that people can have their session view automation recording!?!

Good questions.

Basically, what's meant by the first statement is simply an explanation of what the tangible results of our efforts will be here: there will be Live 8 bugfix update that takes care of these issues, but we don't know when it will be available.

This has no bearing on our presence at NAMM.

Best,

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Thanks very much, keep the good work.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

ark

Post by ark » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Dennis DeSantis wrote:Good questions.

Basically, what's meant by the first statement is simply an explanation of what the tangible results of our efforts will be here: there will be Live 8 bugfix update that takes care of these issues, but we don't know when it will be available.
In what way is this different from Ableton's prior practice? There have always been bugfix updates, as far as I know.

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:02 pm

ark wrote:In what way is this different from Ableton's prior practice? There have always been bugfix updates, as far as I know.
Right, there's no real difference in what we'll actually deliver - a bugfix update.

The difference is that entire development team is now working on fixing bugs, rather than on new features.

Best,

j2j

Post by j2j » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:03 pm

I'd love to hear/read, "The Ableton Audio Engine is gapless, clickless, pristine sounding. A force to be reckoned with. Our summing matches Logic and Pro Tools."

I'd have no choice but to upgrade. As it happens, I've recently purchased Reaper.

I've also felt somewhat alienated by the forum updates that came with V8. This because I have two forum names. J2J, the name I have been using since I grabbed my ableton license, and Linear Phase, a name I used when I lost my J2j password.

Linear Phase has like what? 10 posts? and I emailed support well over a year ago to get my J2j account reset! I tried emailing support again, when v8 came out, because my ableton account got auto-connected with Linear Phase... But the Crew seemed really busy, probably still very busy..... I'd love to connect my account with my email, and J2J... But I'd need to be an administrator on this web board........ It makes things really complicated, just to email support, to fix Screen Names.....

I would like to upgrade to Live 8. But I'm not, "on fire," as they say. Hopefully the coming updates will have a bit more of an effect.

Cheers to the Ableton Team, anyways! Its a really cool company, and a really nice group of people. NOBODY DOUTS THAT!

Jon
too many lasers...