Oxygen8 HELP!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cmcg37

Oxygen8 HELP!!!

Post by cmcg37 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:48 am

I am having a new experience. I was at a gig the other night and plugged my Oxygen8 into my USB hub along with my mouse. I had the wrong power adapter with my hub.

My mouse does not work anymore

My Oxygen8 displays "888" on the segment LEDs and the MIDI/Select light is on and nothing is happening From the keyboard. This behavior happens via USB power and battery power. I am not going to hook up the adapter to this unit.

Here is my question:

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a solution?

I bet I fried something when I powered up the Oxygen8.

I have contacted M-audio tech support but habe heard nothing as of yet.

If any one has any words of experience please let me know.

Regards,

Craig McG.

P.S. I am a Live/Reason user so don't get mad at me for the M-audio tech support question here in this forum. I figure that there would be someone that could help me in this group.

Any help would be great.

gaspode

Sorry to say this...

Post by gaspode » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:09 am

It sounds like you smoked your gear man. The danger of using the wrong power supply with this stuff is that it will burn out your electronics. If you under or over power your gear you can cause the circuits to heat up and melt or otherwise damage themselves...

Plus if your mouse doesn't work, chances aren't good. Do you know if the hub works? It sounds like if you can't get battery power or usb power to work you're out of luck. However, if you're going to try and get a replacement you *might* be able to go to the store you bought the product from and get it replaced if it is still under waranty... however they really don't cover things like frying the circuits... I just wouldn't tell them what you did if you want to have any chance of getting a replacement.

Personally I'd say you're lucky you didn't fry your computer too... good luck finding a replacement... and don't forget to check your power adapters... maybe label them from now on so you don't mix this stuff up again :P

Greg

lowbot

Post by lowbot » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:24 pm

It could be just a quirk with the Oxy. If I plug mine into my system while it's powered up (tibook osx) the whole computer locks up. But if I plug it into the usb port before powering up the tibook (with oxy's usb power mode on), it works just fine. I just did three shows this weekend with Live and the Oxy, and it was just great.

-mike