Steve Jobs was at NAMM

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Secret Agent Man

Steve Jobs was at NAMM

Post by Secret Agent Man » Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:25 pm

I suspect more aquisitions are possible...At macworld he seemed to have a fasination with mixing music live...hmmmm....anyone notice him at the ableton booth?

geargasm

Post by geargasm » Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:46 pm

That's cool to see. It's really important for Apple to be actively involved with the companies making software on their platform.
I am the bumpitron.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:02 am

Is it really Steve??...I hope that Steve will keep an eye on music software companies and free us finally of the ASIO and VSTi bullshit!!!

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:45 pm

I think it's great that somebody like him (and I'm sure his schedule is quite busy) takes the time to show his interest in the audio world and music in general - even if it's just for 'image' reasons.

This further consolidates the prospect of a great audio future on the Mac.

format

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:46 pm

I think it's great that somebody like him (and I'm sure his schedule is quite busy) takes the time to show his interest in the audio world and music in general - even if it's just for 'image' reasons. Did he actually appear "officially" at the Emagic booth?

This further consolidates the prospect of a great audio future on the Mac.

format

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:08 pm

original photo.

steve

Post by steve » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:14 pm

8O :lol:

aple

steve is on a mission

Post by aple » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:26 pm

steve is on a mission. expect him to acquire other financially weak companies as time goes on, and 'kill' more audio apps.

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:43 pm

What do you mean by "killing audio appz"? Logic 6 has just been announced and looks great - are you expecting that it will be trashed in the long run or what else leads you to that remark - or was it ironic perhaps?

Enlighten me....

format

the8bitdeity

Post by the8bitdeity » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:36 pm

Probably a bitter PC Logic user

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:22 pm

the8bitdeity wrote:Probably a bitter PC Logic user
.... probably true. I'm a Logic PC user as well, but I feel the prospect for audio in general and Logic in particular on the Mac is quite bright.... Wouldn't you agree?
I mean, didn't we all wish for tight integration of audio into the OS instead of "superstructures" such as Asio? Even though the AU-only policy seems a bit illogical (as it surely wouldn't have been a problem to allow both standards into Logic X), system-level audio is the way to go and was hoped for by many for years.
That's the way I see it, and this is why I'd rather follow Logic onto the Mac than switch to another sequencer.

Stubby

Post by Stubby » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:44 pm

I'm under the impression that as many diff formats/platforms as possible is a good thing for music. this new world order mentality that people have
regarding audio doesn't make sense to me. we need more flavour, more choices, more diversity.

Secret Agent Man

Post by Secret Agent Man » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:42 am

Well there are plenty of choices on both platforms...but I am recent switcher to Logic too...I've been waiting for this for years too....I want super stability and compatibility... and Logic is the one that offers this...it works with my Protools HD system and allows us protoolers to get the most out of Native...now that Logic 6 is out and presumably the os 9 and windows team will now be focussed soley on OS X...I can't wait...as a cross platform app it wouldnt have been able to take advantage of OS X completely but now it can and will be able to show off...Im show we'll see the fruit of this for Logic 7...

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:45 am

Steve rules!