MFL: how to enable midi learn?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
p8guitar

MFL: how to enable midi learn?

Post by p8guitar » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:54 pm

How do you enable midi learn for parameters in max for live? For example I want the "freeze" button and the reset buttons in buffer shuffler to be enabled for midi learn. and it would be cool to control the buffer shuffler grid with launchpad... :)
Live 12.0.1; Push 2; Mac OS 12.7.4

synnack

Re: MFL: how to enable midi learn?

Post by synnack » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:16 pm

only the live.* interface objects will have that capability. so you'd have to change the buttons to live.button etc...

then you can midi map them in live.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:50 pm

thanks for the hint!
I wonder how to do that, I didn't find anything in the max for live manual yet. I'll have to do some more reading apparently...

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:02 pm

just doubleclick on a patch, then you get objects you can create. the ones on the right are called "live". chose from them.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

lonemale

Post by lonemale » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:42 pm

could anyone provide a little further clarification on how the "change the buttons" on the Buffler Shuffler to live.button's so that they can be assigned to midi.

i would really like to know how to map the 8x8 "step" grid on the Buffer Shuffler to my Launchpad.

even assigning "freeze" to a midi button on my controller would be cool.

is there a reason why only a small number of parameters on the Max4Live plug-ins are MIDI assignable without hacking into it?

any help on this would be appeciated.

thanks,

a.

Markemark

Post by Markemark » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 pm

lonemale wrote:could anyone provide a little further clarification on how the "change the buttons" on the Buffler Shuffler to live.button's so that they can be assigned to midi.

i would really like to know how to map the 8x8 "step" grid on the Buffer Shuffler to my Launchpad.

even assigning "freeze" to a midi button on my controller would be cool.

is there a reason why only a small number of parameters on the Max4Live plug-ins are MIDI assignable without hacking into it?

any help on this would be appeciated.

thanks,

a.
1. Open Buffer Shuffler in M4L and go into patching mode
2. Find the object you want to midi or key assign(in your case "freeze").
3. Open its inspector window(mouse over the left center of the object to see a blue circle with an "i")
4. Go to the parameter tab and on the list change "Parameter Visibility" from "Hidden" to "Automated and Stored".
5. Close the inspector window then close and save the Buffer Shuffler Patch.

Should now be automapped if you have a controller, and also available for midi/key mapping.