Would you be interested In

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fear124

Would you be interested In

Post by fear124 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:41 am

Helping me?

H 8O ello Everyone my name is fear. I am having a major problem concerning ableton live and i wish to ask the grace of the people here at this forum to help me out with my given issue.

Alright just to start off, I need help with recording something between abletonlive and reason. Can anyone help out. The sound comes out real loud and static y and its annoying, It takes the real sound quality from the guitar and messes it up. It especially does that with the low notes while playing on a guitar. Is there a way to decrease this sound and make the notes audible?

starving student

Re: Would you be interested In

Post by starving student » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 am

fear124 wrote:Helping me?

H 8O ello Everyone my name is fear. I am having a major problem concerning ableton live and i wish to ask the grace of the people here at this forum to help me out with my given issue.

Alright just to start off, I need help with recording something between abletonlive and reason. Can anyone help out. The sound comes out real loud and static y and its annoying, It takes the real sound quality from the guitar and messes it up. It especially does that with the low notes while playing on a guitar. Is there a way to decrease this sound and make the notes audible?
turn the volume down on the guitar
read up in reason and lives manual on 'rewire'
subscribe to computer music magazine
don't be scared

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:09 am

List your kit.
What computer.
What kind of CPU.
What kind of sound card?
What is the buffer set at in Lives Preferences?
How are you getting your guitar into Live?
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:36 am

So many Freudian things going on with you.

fear124

Post by fear124 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:20 am

timothyallan wrote:So many Freudian things going on with you.
What? :!:

fear124

Post by fear124 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:25 am

Homebelly wrote:List your kit.
What computer.
What kind of CPU.
What kind of sound card?
What is the buffer set at in Lives Preferences?
How are you getting your guitar into Live?
Custom built.
Amd Athalon 64 processor 3800+
sb Audigy 4
I do not know? Could you help me out with that?
Guitar well here. My guitar line is hooked up to a xiosynth via line 2. I tried an pedal, sounded better but still like shit.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:01 am

Guitars and Basses don't work well when they're plugged straight into mixers/interfaces/etc from my experiences.

Might want to look into a DI box or a Pod (Line 6 makes nice ones) for the guitar.. or Guitar Rig, or some other type of amp simulator if you don't want to go the hardware route..

I have the Xiosynth, fiddle with the volume settings, and the USB pan and USB volumes and all those settings that are in there, I found it kind of sketchy using the Xio as an interface but it should be decent if you hit a sweet spot with it..

Rewiring Reason with Live isn't so bad, you need to use the External Instrument Plug, sending MIDI into Reason, and receiving audio back from Reason into a track in Live.. but that's using the synths, it sounds like you're doing something else with "recording something between abletonlive and reason."

/rant.

PalaNIN

Post by PalaNIN » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:37 pm

fear124 wrote:
Homebelly wrote:What is the buffer set at in Lives Preferences?
Your buffer can be found in Live by going to Preferences, going to the Audio tab, and looking in the Latency section. If your buffer is too low, it can distort your sound and would be a partial cause to your static output.
Twitter//@donkeykonga | Soundcloud//PalaNIN | MySpace//The Empathy Concept | Using//Ableton Live 8//Korg padKontrol

fear124

Post by fear124 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 pm

PalaNIN wrote:
fear124 wrote:
Homebelly wrote:What is the buffer set at in Lives Preferences?
Your buffer can be found in Live by going to Preferences, going to the Audio tab, and looking in the Latency section. If your buffer is too low, it can distort your sound and would be a partial cause to your static output.
I got a major issue fixed, thanks to everyone across a ton of forums i have gone to but now i have a new problem that after i tell you my buffering.
Alright my stuff goes like this.
96 samples
4.08 ms
output 2.00ms
driver error compensation -2.00 ms
to low tell me what to do.

My new problem is, i need to switch my sound prefrences for 2 things, one to record and one for actually hearing sound.
Well, i want to hear what i play and what i record to in real time, but i have to switch between the 2 audio cards.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:09 pm

NO!!

I hate thread titles like these!!!! :lol: :twisted:

I keep clicking on it, "oh, yeah, that thread... :roll: "

/rant <--- ;)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

fear124

Post by fear124 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
NO!!

I hate thread titles like these!!!! :lol: :twisted:

I keep clicking on it, "oh, yeah, that thread... :roll: "

/rant <--- ;)
=(

fear124

Post by fear124 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:51 am

I got a major issue fixed, thanks to everyone across a ton of forums i have gone to but now i have a new problem that after i tell you my buffering.
96 samples
4.08 ms
output 2.00ms

My new problem is, i need to switch my sound prefrences for 2 things, one to record and one for actually hearing sound.
Well, i want to hear what i play and what i record to in real time, but i have to switch between the 2 audio cards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Can anyone verify to me if thats correct or not?
also i am having a new issue which is hearing and recording at the same time in real time anyone want to help me out with dat? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:22 am

fear124 wrote:I got a major issue fixed, thanks to everyone across a ton of forums i have gone to but now i have a new problem that after i tell you my buffering.
96 samples
4.08 ms
output 2.00ms

also i am having a new issue which is hearing and recording at the same time in real time anyone want to help me out with dat? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

96 samples sounds low to me. Although I use it sometimes for performing that low. Never for recording, maybe live input, but not recording. My honest opinion is going to be learn your way through this the hard way. Who knows, maybe your are a recording genious, but I get the impression that you are very new to this. Either way you will benefit more from making tons of mistakes and twidiling knobs and parameters, reading tons of forums and manuals, lessons etc, than you will by someone telling you what you need to do.

Maybe I am off about this, but one who switches between sound cards to record and monitor, is not going to get killer realtime results. You get what you got to work with.

fear124

Post by fear124 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:16 am

JuanSOLO wrote:
fear124 wrote:I got a major issue fixed, thanks to everyone across a ton of forums i have gone to but now i have a new problem that after i tell you my buffering.
96 samples
4.08 ms
output 2.00ms

96 samples sounds low to me. Although I use it sometimes for performing that low. Never for recording, maybe live input, but not recording. My honest opinion is going to be learn your way through this the hard way. Who knows, maybe your are a recording genious, but I get the impression that you are very new to this. Either way you will benefit more from making tons of mistakes and twidiling knobs and parameters, reading tons of forums and manuals, lessons etc, than you will by someone telling you what you need to do.

Maybe I am off about this, but one who switches between sound cards to record and monitor, is not going to get killer realtime results. You get what you got to work with.
Right off the bat brand new is what i am.
But i come into issue after issue but after issue, but i am resilient i must find out every answer to every problem.
And i will do this exactly as you say, for i will learn only better with this.
Yeah, that is why i need help into just getting it to record, and i can hear it at the same time. What are some options.

zalo

Post by zalo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:30 am

view>help view>learn how to set up your audio hardware

guitar needs a Hi-Z Input - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+hi-z+input%3F