Do you dance to music?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
willdahbe

Do you dance to music?

Post by willdahbe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:36 am

Well being most of us are dance music producers. how many of you actually dance? I'm not talking just bob your head and pump a fist and get loose with it, or flail around like a fish outta water. or do the orb thing...

reason i ask is every time i go out i see more and more people not dancing and only grind type stuff going on. What ever happened to house dancing, two step -- i almost want to bite my tongue, but some good liquid with ninja moves thrown in there? there is the ubiquitous b boy battles all over the place, but that just gets old and has no funk to it what so ever. and when i say no funk i'm saying not so pure.

for something that moves us so much why does it not actually move people any more?

i've been dancing for quite some years, and while i'm not a master by any means. it's somewhat a turnoff to go to a club and a girl starts grinding on you while she can't actually get down at all.. or no one can for that matter.

Pitch Black

Re: Do you dance to music?

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:57 am

Do you dance to music?

Like you wouldn't believe... 8)

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:02 am

I used to but then I was asked by the medical staff if I was having a fit.

Now the only move I do is moving my right hand up to my chin and stroking it, stroking it, stroking it.

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:07 am

Riddum... beatz.... grooves.... soul... makes me dance..

Music is for listening to.. isn't it?]

Hd

willdahbe

Post by willdahbe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:10 am

UKRuss wrote:I used to but then I was asked by the medical staff if I was having a fit.

Now the only move I do is moving my right hand up to my chin and stroking it, stroking it, stroking it.
the chin stroke is a good intro step for the night..

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 am

good music, i dance
no good music, i not dance

KainProject

Post by KainProject » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:26 am

Yes, but only when it's loud, dark, big and good. /RaveGeneration

PS: Don't do drugs to dance, let the sounds take you on that journey instead.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:01 am

YES!

dancing is a vital part of my spiritual/mental and physical health, the moment i stop going out and dancing like a crazy nuthead i am dead and about to bite the dust.
*** Image GAFM ***

robfoster

Post by robfoster » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 am

Ive got ALL the moves....someone i work with started to give it the big one telling me " i got moves", but when push came to shove, he aint got no moves. :lol: 8)
Lion 10.7.2
Mac Mini 2.4Ghz
Ableton live 8.26
Logic pro 9.15

My Website

rude_NHS

Post by rude_NHS » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 am

i dance to acid, old jungle and earth wind and fire. in that order.

kristian

Post by kristian » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 am

I go out dancing occasionally.. I have the random karate-chop arms with the staring at girl asses down to the T.. Ocassionally I perform pelvic thrusts at certain intervals in the song to spice things up; this normally leads to more space around me so I can perform karate-chops with fullon elbow action

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:31 am

Used to love moshing it up as a teenage punk in the 80's. Never 'danced' before then really. The next time I felt the urge to 'strut my stuff' was a few years later when I went to my first rave. Luckily punk moshing and free party raving are not that far removed so fitted in nicely.

Recently, some ten years later I bought my daughter the 'Just Dance' Wii game and was of course obliged to 'throw some shapes' over Christmas.

I now concure that I have never in fact actualy 'danced' before and was more than lucky not to have been sectioned under the mental health act.

I am now an expert at dancing to classics such as 'Cotten Eye Joe', 'The Eye Of The Tiger' and 'Womaniser'....... the next time I'm out and the music plays you best make some room ;)

As Franky Zee said "The beat goes on and I'm so wrong...."

chevthewizard

Post by chevthewizard » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Yes. My favourite clubs are frequented by people who actually dance, rather than just sway / step / nod etc...

I also regularly "dance test" my tunes whilst I'm working on them. Very important step!
My Website | Myspace | Soundcloud
birdhouse19 wrote:i was playing a club last night and had to play some rap, and i know ableton live isnt very good with rap without a sound card.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:23 pm

chevthewizard wrote:Yes. My favourite clubs are frequented by people who actually dance, rather than just sway / step / nod etc...

I also regularly "dance test" my tunes whilst I'm working on them. Very important step!
yep, the rythm of a DJ is a dancer.

but there are not many real dancers round anymore, that is why we have all that bore music going on in clubs.
*** Image GAFM ***