8.1.1 Unstable?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
DuckieTheAnk

8.1.1 Unstable?

Post by DuckieTheAnk » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Since 8.1.1 was released (im using Live, not suite) my Ableton Live has been crashing alot! Am I the only one experiencing this?
I wonder if it is infact an unstable release or if my computer (PC) got f'''''up?

Regards

MrH

Re: 8.1.1 Unstable?

Post by MrH » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:31 am

No you're not the only one.

Unstable and crackley sound.
Live 8 I 13" Macbook Aluminium I Akai APC 40 I Korg PadKontrol

www.ozgoode.com
www.twitter.com/ozgoode

julienb

Post by julienb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 am

in order to make a complete answer, for instance: here NO crash, no problems!
HP dv7, windows7 64bits/4Go RAM, core i7 720QM

I'm using max for live intensively, no crashes reported here !
I didn't test 8.1.2, I'm afraid too ;)
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:55 am

I had 15-20 Bluescreens in the last 4-5 days. It crashes my Win 7 totally and i had to reinstall it. Sometimes i have crackley sound too.
After i reinstalled my Windows totally clean without anything i get Bluescreens too. (system service exception 0x0000003b System Service Exception - google it!)

I have i7-860
Asus P7P55D
4GB RAM
Win 7 64 bit

I sent Logs, preferences folder and dxdiag log to Ableton and they wanne check it and i hope they can fix it. I did a stress test the last 2 1/2 h and i didn´t get any crash or failures. only when i use live 8.1.1. and it crashes i will get a bluescreen. ;/

Ableton Support wrote to me that i should try to deactivate the network adapter for a while when im using live 8.

Good luck!

julienb

Post by julienb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:57 am

Evengy wrote:I had 15-20 Bluescreens in the last 4-5 days. It crashes my Win 7 totally and i had to reinstall it. Sometimes i have crackley sound too.
After i reinstalled my Windows totally clean without anything i get Bluescreens too. (system service exception 0x0000003b System Service Exception - google it!)

I have i7-860
Asus P7P55D
4GB RAM
Win 7 64 bit

I sent Logs, preferences folder and dxdiag log to Ableton and they wanne check it and i hope they can fix it. I did a stress test the last 2 1/2 h and i didn´t get any crash or failures. only when i use live 8.1.1. and it crashes i will get a bluescreen. ;/

Ableton Support wrote to me that i should try to deactivate the network adapter for a while when im using live 8.

Good luck!
strange :(
do you use VST? AU? audio? midi ? audio inside max for live patches?
Julien Bayle

DuckieTheAnk

Post by DuckieTheAnk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 pm

okay. so i guess its not my computer that all of a sudden got weird.
The updates have been coming very frequently since live 8 was released so i hope there will be a new update soon (a stable one).
The sad thing is that as it is right now, i wouldnt consider using live "live"...

looking forward to 8.1.2

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:13 pm

@julienb
I only use VST´s and Audio Samples. My Hardware like APC40, Audio Interface, Virus TI is only connected via USB. ;/

julienb

Post by julienb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Evengy wrote:@julienb
I only use VST´s and Audio Samples. My Hardware like APC40, Audio Interface, Virus TI is only connected via USB. ;/
so you use midi over usb...

btw, here I'm only using Live instruments and max for live.
problems seem to appear with vst and other plugins
it sucks!
they should find a solution!!
Julien Bayle

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Fine for me, just played a gig last week and have another this week and have zero qualms about the stability of Live in a live situation.

<knocks on as many wood objects around him as possible>
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

DuckieTheAnk

Post by DuckieTheAnk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:10 pm

AceLuby wrote:Fine for me, just played a gig last week and have another this week and have zero qualms about the stability of Live in a live situation.

How nice to hear ;) *grrrrr*

julienb

Post by julienb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:02 pm

DuckieTheAnk wrote:
AceLuby wrote:Fine for me, just played a gig last week and have another this week and have zero qualms about the stability of Live in a live situation.

How nice to hear ;) *grrrrr*
here too: NO strange CRASHES!
Julien Bayle

MrH

Post by MrH » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Well done if Live works for you. Now go away and gig and leave the moaning to those less fortunate.

www.ozgoode.com
www.twitter.com/ozgoode

julienb

Post by julienb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:43 pm

MrH wrote:Well done if Live works for you. Now go away and gig and leave the moaning to those less fortunate.
very constructive person you are.
it is important for people to know it doesn't crash in EVERY configuration ; because it is true!
Julien Bayle

MrH

Post by MrH » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:36 am

I am, indeed, very constructive. I also occasionally use humour too.

Yes. You're absolutely right. We need to know what works and what doesn't. But remember - this isn't just about crashing, but poor quality sound.

www.ozgoode.com
www.twitter.com/ozgoode

aftertouch

Post by aftertouch » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:19 pm

not a single crash here ( osx10.5.8 ), just weird behaviour like a sluggish interface and some bugs with drumsracks, all fixed in 8.1.1 for me. :) very happy.