New Tutorial Website - Audio Tutorial Videos

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
geo

New Tutorial Website - Audio Tutorial Videos

Post by geo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 am

Hi everyone. I've just set up a website where I plan to collect all free tutorial videos from all over the net for everyone to view in one place. As you will see, the number of tutorials will be huge covering a wide range of DAWS, plugins, effects but also will be illustrating various techniques for instrument playing, live performance, etc.
You can send me links of any tutorials you want through here or the website contact form and I will add them. Additionally, if someone needs help uploading a video on one of the video social portals(youtube, vimeo, etc), please, let me know. The number of tutorials on the website will be updated on a regular basis., At the moment, there are quite a few on Ableton Live and some on VST effects and general audio techniques but I will uploading more every day.
Finally, I have provided a small informative document on how to use the site and also RSS, Twitter and Facebook links in you want to be notified whenever a new video is uploaded.
I hope that the site will be a great help for musicians alike and that the community will grow happily!
Of course, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.audiotutorialvideos.com

buzby

Re: New Tutorial Website - Audio Tutorial Videos

Post by buzby » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:11 pm

nice one man

this is something i would have liked to have done myself but i know i ll never get round to it

will it possible to send you tutorials directly or will you just be adding stuff which is already on the net?

what i would like to see if someone making very thorough tutorial vids on each of the live devices - like loading up one device per tutorial and going through what each button does - and then perhaps expanding on their creative applications in follow up vids

i know there are some vids that do this - the beat repeat video on the abe site is the sort of approach i mean

good luck with the site - i ve just registered
https://hiddensound.net/
https://linktr.ee/hiddensound
Sound Devices mix pre 3 and 10Tii, various Sennheiser mkh, dpa, LOM, Audio Technica microphones

geo

Post by geo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi, thanks for registering! You can send me direct links of any tutorials you might see on the net. If you have any tutorials yourself, you could also send them to me and I will upload them on the net(to youtube or vimeo, etc) with your permission, of course, or you could do that yourself obviously. Reason for this is that I will try to keep videos outside the side so I can use the external bandwith without overloading the server. Catch you later...

ianomurchu

Post by ianomurchu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Thanks Geo, registered for the site. Nice chioce of videos! Good on ye :D

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:28 pm

really nice job! thanks for the effort, i'll defo check it on regular basis.
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Whoah!

I can't say how impressed I am.

YOU are a blessing on this earth!

I will send you a TON of traffic.

Respect.

d
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

sm2651999

Post by sm2651999 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Nice. :)

geo

Post by geo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:02 am

The Phat Conductor wrote:Whoah!

I can't say how impressed I am.

YOU are a blessing on this earth!

I will send you a TON of traffic.

Respect.

d
Oh thank you! You can also all send me tutorial links through this post or the contact form and also follow any future uploads throught Twitter, Facebookor RSS!

Nav

Post by Nav » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Very nice idea and well put together

Do you credit the person who makes the original video anywhere on your site? I clicked on a video and saw a link back to the original youtube, but no tags or mention of them or a link to their site?

geo

Post by geo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Well, with the amount of videos added all the time, it would be impractical to do that, would take ages! The program imports outside links and tags as they were made by the author. I could add each person's name in the description but that would slow down the whole process. Some authors include their website in the description or mention their name and website at the beginning of each tutorial. Plus the fact that there is an extra backlink for each authors' video in the site so it would be more searchable by search engines, meaning more publicity for the author.

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Excellent Geo! Thanks
Terrence Lennon

Nav

Post by Nav » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:38 pm

geo wrote:Well, with the amount of videos added all the time, it would be impractical to do that, would take ages! The program imports outside links and tags as they were made by the author. I could add each person's name in the description but that would slow down the whole process. Some authors include their website in the description or mention their name and website at the beginning of each tutorial. Plus the fact that there is an extra backlink for each authors' video in the site so it would be more searchable by search engines, meaning more publicity for the author.
That's cool, links mean more results in google so they benefit.

Like I said, I think it is a great idea I was just concerned you were potentially making money from adverts on the site, which was in turn scraping content from others hard work and they get nothing back.

Hope I didn't come across as giving you a hard time, did mean it to be that way.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 pm

well this rocks :)

thumbs up man!
MBP - Ultralite MK3 - Genelec 8020 & 8030 - BCR2000 - padKONTROL - NordRack 2

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:33 pm

that is a LOT of tutorials one can go through... 8O

nice!
*** Image GAFM ***