Query control status via midi

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Semuta

Query control status via midi

Post by Semuta » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:11 am

So.... Does anyone here know how I can get Ableton to spit out the status of all currently mapped controls? I am looking for a behavior similar to what the shift button does on the apc40.

When you release the shift key, ableton dumps not only the status of the apc's native controls, it will also spit out the status of all custom mapped controls.

I have a multi page setup with bome's and my apc40 so when I switch to a new page of controls I want to be able to send a message of some sort to get ableton to update my controls. Right now this works as long as I keep the apc mapped as an apc40 as I can send a quick shift on/off after a page change. I'd rather set this up without the native stuff as it would reduce the number of rules in Bome's...

Maybe some sysex of some sort? Is there another control surface out there that provides this behavior?

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks!

S
http://www.semuta.com
Ableton Suite 9 : Push : Maschine : Komplete 8 Ultimate : Sugar Bundle : Diva

S4racen

Re: Query control status via midi

Post by S4racen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi Mate,

This is exactly what i wanted, in the end i gave up and created a million rule and global variables to store all the values....

I'll keep a track of if anyone comes up with another control surface as i think there's some good stuff yet properly undiscovered.....

Having leanrt using this method though meant that when doing the same in max for live you can create your own point at which the lights update, mine is updating when i press shift on or off or change to one of five seperate scenes chosen from thshift and a scene launch button....

Cheers
D