SOLD: Operator 95 USD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ai-DEL

SOLD: Operator 95 USD

Post by ai-DEL » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:09 am

Already spoke with the Ableton guys and have gotten everything ready for a license transfer. Payment via Paypal. Anybody interested?

Thanks!
Last edited by ai-DEL on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ai-DEL

Re: FS: Operator 95 USD

Post by ai-DEL » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Nobody yet?

I forgot to mention it's in "like new" condition from a smoke-free studio.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 pm

ai-DEL wrote:Nobody yet?

I forgot to mention it's in "like new" condition from a smoke-free studio.
:lol:

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:52 am

i allways wonder that anybody buys it from ableton at this price.. people seem to have too much money..
you probably dont get rid of it... second hand software usually has a no or very low value..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

omg

Post by omg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:20 am

3phase wrote:i allways wonder that anybody buys it from ableton at this price.. people seem to have too much money..
you probably dont get rid of it... second hand software usually has a no or very low value..
how nice of you to start with it-is-in-general-not-worth-the-money, directly in a FS thread.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Isn't Operator free for everyone now?

ai-DEL

Post by ai-DEL » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm

3phase wrote:i allways wonder that anybody buys it from ableton at this price.. people seem to have too much money..
Interesting. Let me make sure I'm looking at all this in the right way...

- Every Live owner has a demo version of Operator within the program that allows them to try it out without being able to save, export etc...
- Ableton charges $160 for a serial number to unlock Operator and allow the user full access
- I'm asking $95
- That's less than 60% of the cost of buying directly from Ableton
- You literally get the exact same product in the exact same condition

Am I missing something???

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:56 pm

ai-DEL wrote:Am I missing something???
Yes, a lot of people are tight as a gnat's tweeter.

Second hand software is a bargain, though only as long as the company which makes it allows licenses to be resold. I've recently discovered Spectrasonics charge $50 for a license transfer, which surely is a lot for some basic secretarial duties. Steinberg charged me £25 for relicensing Halion, Antares won't relicense at all (actually they did so once but I was told, never again and they've kept to that) whereas Ableton, NI and the Propellerheads don't charge at all.

For me, things like this influence decisions to buy or not to buy into a product. I'd like to pass some of my stuff on to nephews etc, though it's impossible when you come up against a re-licensing brickwall.

If you want to swap it for some software of mine, i'd be more than willing. I'm getting rid of Bandstand (discontinued), Steinberg D'cota synth (discontinued) and a few other bits, the names of which escape me atm.

Msg me if you're interested.