Ableton HQ please read

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jamief

Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:07 pm

just posted by on facebook

Kenny Larkin Thanks goes out to Ableton 4 screwing up my live shows this weekend! The buggie software was the star of the show! Live 8.1.1 crashed I don't know how many times leading up 2 both gigs. I had 2 download a beta and start from scratch by throwing something together at the last minute in the hotel before the gigs! Why re...lease this buggie crap that will crash in front of thousands before it's ready for use?

Kenny Larkin Squeaky wheel gets the oil my friends! I hope they sort this shizzy out before my show with Carl Craig at the end of the month at Elysée Montmartre! Or it will be just me rappin' onstage, and trust me, they don't want to see that.

H20nly

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:13 pm

it would be cool if you could sue or post crazy shit up about band mates every time they missed practice or showed up too wasted to perform and the people of the interwebz would all join together to scold them.

it would also be pretty funny (to me) if this guy's computer was at fault. of course you won't get a facebook post or twit, twat or what ever the hell its called over him realizing that he screwed the pooch. People point the finger really loudly, but they often retract it quite quietly... on the down low... after all, its low down letting someone else bear the weight of your mistakes/misuse/misunderstanding.

jamief

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:15 pm

H20nly wrote:it would be cool if you could sue or post crazy shit up about band mates every time they missed practice or showed up too wasted to perform and the people of the interwebz would all join together to scold them.

it would also be pretty funny (to me) if this guy's computer was at fault. of course you won't get a facebook post or twit, twat or what ever the hell its called over him realizing that he screwed the pooch. People point the finger really loudly, but they often retract it quite quietly... on the down low... after all, its low down.
its a mac

dj_huck

Post by dj_huck » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:19 pm

jamief wrote: its a mac
that is funny

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 pm

:lol: oh well in that case... Ableton sucks and they should all quit their jobs and become pizza delivery boys... or better yet, they should work at the iStore selling iPads to people on their iRags.

Macs never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever have problems. EVER.

Too bad Apple doesn't work for Ableton. Then we could have an awesome DAW that tells us as soon as we drop a sample in it if we're allowed to use it or not. It could even take us straight to iTunes to purchase the sample and Looper could tell you if what your playing sounds too much like a Rolling Stones song or not.

jamief

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 pm

jamief wrote:just posted by on facebook

Kenny Larkin Thanks goes out to Ableton 4 screwing up my live shows this weekend! The buggie software was the star of the show! Live 8.1.1 crashed I don't know how many times leading up 2 both gigs. I had 2 download a beta and start from scratch by throwing something together at the last minute in the hotel before the gigs! Why re...lease this buggie crap that will crash in front of thousands before it's ready for use?

Kenny Larkin Squeaky wheel gets the oil my friends! I hope they sort this shizzy out before my show with Carl Craig at the end of the month at Elysée Montmartre! Or it will be just me rappin' onstage, and trust me, they don't want to see that.
This is a serious bussiness. if Ableton is unstable for people working at this level of the circuit then big questions are afoot. Serious questions. But as someone pointed out earlier we dont ahve all the details................... ? ? ?

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Live crashed countless times before my gig so I used it at my gig and it crashed at the gig! Fuck you Ableton!

Sincerely,

Long time experienced PRO touring Live user

crofter

Post by crofter » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:31 pm

I do some work as an exam invigilator at a couple of schools, last summer in a music A level exam one student was using a new mac mini belonging to the school to play the audio CD as part of the exam, the thing kept locking up and he had to restart the computer each time, we tried two mac minis and two different Cds with the same result, in the end I gave him an old PC laptop so he could finish the exam, this of course performed flawlessly, macs eh?
Core2 quad q660, 4gig ram, Win 7 home premium SP1.
P4 2.8 ghz, Gigabyte GA- 81E2004P, 1.5 gig ram,XP Home, SP3.
dual core pentium laptop 2 gig ram Win 8.
MOTU 8Pre,Tascam FW-1804,Zoom R16, Ableton live 8.4
Cubase 7

jamief

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:32 pm

beats me wrote:Live crashed countless times before my gig so I used it at my gig and it crashed at the gig! Fuck you Ableton!

Sincerely,

Long time experienced PRO touring Live user
So if it crashes all the time,. How do you ever manage to play any gigs ?
Last edited by jamief on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamief

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 pm

crofter wrote:I do some work as an exam invigilator at a couple of schools, last summer in a music A level exam one student was using a new mac mini belonging to the school to play the audio CD as part of the exam, the thing kept locking up and he had to restart the computer each time, we tried two mac minis and two different Cds with the same result, in the end I gave him an old PC laptop so he could finish the exam, this of course performed flawlessly, macs eh?
I use both win and mac and both crash from time to time. There is no answer i can come up with for this

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 pm

:idea: Name one job that a person can do themselves with a computer that is not subject to crashes.

Explain to these guys that the problems have to be in their head:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135134

More often then not its the chair-to-keyboard interface that is causing issues with computers...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Awesome, it's the weekly mac vs pc debate. I was wondering when it was going to start, you guys were a bit slow kicking it off this time. Thought I was going to have to step up and post something!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:39 pm

^ Well it started off as "Live sucks cuz this guy said so" and it somehow morphed... when "but he uses a Mac" was actually supposed to dismiss all chances of it being a computer issue. :roll:

jamief

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:41 pm

Tarekith wrote:Awesome, it's the weekly mac vs pc debate. I was wondering when it was going to start, you guys were a bit slow kicking it off this time. Thought I was going to have to step up and post something!
nah its not that debate tarekith. it more relevant to either user - its instability of live. i have avested interest. WSe have some very big shows coming up and everything is in live so for me this is a serious serious issue and i,m trying to highlight it again

jamief

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:42 pm

H20nly wrote:^ Well it started off as "Live sucks cuz this guy said so" and it somehow morphed... when "but he uses a Mac" was actually supposed to dismiss all chances of it being a computer issue. :roll:
I thinkl it was posted by me. i think you are clouding the waters hear. This isnt supposed to be about pc and macs at all. i think you know that anyway :)