Binaural

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Convoluted

Binaural

Post by Convoluted » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi all,
Does anyone know what the equivalent audio effect or effects presets which could enable me to get the similar effect that Logic's binaural function can do?, i.e. make sounds wizz around your head with headphones on. Has anyone made binaural beats with say operator b4? if so I'd love to hear how u did it?
cheers

fisto

Re: Binaural

Post by fisto » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 pm

well i don't know what logic does in this plugin but binaural beats are made this way:
example: 300 hz on the right side, 310 hz on the left side results in a 10 hz binaural beat in the middle of your head. The brain connects the two sides and produces a frequency which is the difference of the 2 freqs on the side. They have to be hardpanned (completely) to one side, and it only works on headphones.
The good thing is: you can make your own binaural beats for meditation, cause the brain starts to "swing in" to these binaural frequency. 10 hz would be the alpha state, where you are very focused but relaxed, very conscious thinking, it's also the freqency of the pineal gland called "the third eye".
0 to 4 hz is the delta state: deep trance/sleep and regenerative sleep.
4 to 8 hz: theta state or dream state, vivid inner visualization with geometric patterns can occur
8 to 12 or 13: alpha: focused, relaxed
13 upwards: beta: the state of mind you are in when awake and physically active

You can make these with every synth. Works best with sinewaves.I like to listen to delta when in bed for sleeping, you sleep much deeper and the next day you are very fit. If you want something to be played out on speakers look for "isochronic tones", it has similar effects but works monaural and is produced in an other way.
Hope that helps.

buzby

Re: Binaural

Post by buzby » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:25 am

https://hiddensound.net/
https://linktr.ee/hiddensound
Sound Devices mix pre 3 and 10Tii, various Sennheiser mkh, dpa, LOM, Audio Technica microphones