New Tutorial Website - Audio Tutorial Videos

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
earthloop

Re: New Tutorial Website - Audio Tutorial Videos

Post by earthloop » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:07 pm

THANK YOU!!! Your site is going to be so useful for me right now, so I have registered!!! And the site is excellent. Much needed.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

William

Post by William » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Nice!
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

geo

Post by geo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Nav wrote:
geo wrote:Well, with the amount of videos added all the time, it would be impractical to do that, would take ages! The program imports outside links and tags as they were made by the author. I could add each person's name in the description but that would slow down the whole process. Some authors include their website in the description or mention their name and website at the beginning of each tutorial. Plus the fact that there is an extra backlink for each authors' video in the site so it would be more searchable by search engines, meaning more publicity for the author.
That's cool, links mean more results in google so they benefit.

Like I said, I think it is a great idea I was just concerned you were potentially making money from adverts on the site, which was in turn scraping content from others hard work and they get nothing back.

Hope I didn't come across as giving you a hard time, did mean it to be that way.
No worries, man. As for the adds on the site, believe me, they don't even cover hosting costs! Unless someone donates, maybe?! :)

shutthatdaw

Post by shutthatdaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks for this, it seems like a lot of work, most appreciated

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:37 pm

thanks.. it's like a 440TV but better organized.. Great Job!!

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:39 am

So, I checked your site, but I'm not finding what I'm looking for...

Looking for videos regarding use of Kontakt in Live (I'm on Kontakt 3.5 with Live 7.0.18) - I don't have any problems with using stuff like the Puremagnetik loop kits with Kontakt, but the old Intakt and Kompakt based stuff is a damn nightmare when it comes to utilizing the loops that come with old packs like Operating Table and Storm Drum. Not really one to use loops, but they are nice to use for scratchpad-type stuff, except for the issues with Kontakt and live...I can't get them to tempo sync for the life of me, and the shit is just irritating.

Anyone who knows what I'm talking about/knows where videos for this sort of stuff are stashed, let me know.

geo

Post by geo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:47 pm

I will have a look for you and post accordingly. I was a bit caught off with a project these last 2-3 days and couldn't post any vids. I will let you know. Also, if other people have any requests, just let me know and I'll do my best. Thanks!

DRStudio

Post by DRStudio » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Geo,

That was a really nice idea and very well done. Thanks for taking your time. Will certainly spread the word! :D

geo

Post by geo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:24 am

john doe by choice wrote:Looking for videos regarding use of Kontakt in Live (I'm on Kontakt 3.5 with Live 7.0.18) - I don't have any problems with using stuff like the Puremagnetik loop kits with Kontakt, but the old Intakt and Kompakt based stuff is a damn nightmare when it comes to utilizing the loops that come with old packs like Operating Table and Storm Drum. Not really one to use loops, but they are nice to use for scratchpad-type stuff, except for the issues with Kontakt and live...I can't get them to tempo sync for the life of me, and the shit is just irritating.
Just published a youtube video about tempo syncing Kontakt loops using slicing. Might be of help to you. Tutorial here.

Contra

Post by Contra » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:16 am

awesome site geo!

mode:masters

Post by mode:masters » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 am

FULLY SICK!

This is great for newbies to go have a look, I would imagine there's some experts who could learnt a thing or two.

Good stuff.

minigoat

Post by minigoat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:07 am

great idea. well designed also

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:33 am

cool! :D
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:56 am

Really nice site!
Just one thing:
I stumbled accross some videos that have been 'removed by the user' (example)... maybe you need to check on that and have them removed or just copy all of them an reup them if necessary. Or just add a deadlink-report system. One can also tell that the video is not there anymore when there's no preview pic available (just plain text instead of a picture).