Introducing "The Lounge"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
supamonsta

Re: Introducing "The Lounge"

Post by supamonsta » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 pm

I thought "the Lounge" was a special pack for "The Bridge', including 10Gb of deep-house / minimal / ambiant / lounge premades clips with the ability to auto-create smooth variations in an endless and random manner :lol:

BTW, this "Out of Ableton Live Topics" section is indeed a good idea

at least, new incomers wont feel they"re surrounded by morons like me, only here for joking with vulgarity and misplaced irony! :wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:58 pm

very cool.

can we also get an 'ignore user' button? it's helped to chill the place out before.

+1 monstrejumo I can't imagine what new users think when they come here and read OT. I too thought it was some new product.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:12 pm

*sigh* always "The Lounge", never the Big Room.

:wink:
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:28 pm

8O wrote:
Hidden Driveways wrote:
Dennis DeSantis wrote:We're considering changing the name of this forum, as well as some other organizational moves.
My request for an organizational move would be the creation of a new forum category that compiles all recent posts from all categories. The Tape Op message board has one called MEGABOARD. Check it out:

http://messageboard.tapeop.com/index.php

Creating a MEGABOARD-like section for the Ableton forum will bring more attention to the on topic posts, and it will appease the users who will invariably miss the old General board. It's absolutely critical that you don't lose their participation in the community. The imposed isolation of The Lounge will likely drive them elsewhere.
You mean like the "View new posts" link up the top right...?
Nope. Not at all. No one knows that thing is there, and it won't do anything to aid the building of a community. Creating a dedicated category that would aggregate all of the recent posts would keep the General forum flavor alive, while at the same time not making the forum look like the chaotic place that it is. All of the Ableton related posts will be organized, and all of The Lounge action will be separated. A MEGABOARD-like category will not kill the life that has existed here until now.

Tape Op used to have a great forum... then one day they made sweeping changes to cut down OT stuff in their General forum. They implemented that hideous GUI design (which is still there to this day), and they got rid of their General forum. Killing the General forum also killed their forum. They quickly realized this and created the MEGABOARD option. The MEGABOARD thing is okay (it's the only reason I go back to that forum at all). But this change was made back in 2003 and I still miss the old Tape Op. So does everyone else.

Ableton Live is an awesome program that brings together people from all different backgrounds, passions, and abilities. Having everyone jumbled together has served the company well, and I believe that killing that aspect of the forum would be a financial detriment in the long run.

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm

what would Jesus do

Leon Tricker

Post by Leon Tricker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:43 pm

+1 for some forum organisation.

continuous

Post by continuous » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:52 pm

I kinda like it as is, personally. :|

I vote no.

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm curious what prompted this as users have been asking for it for years.

mode:masters

Post by mode:masters » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Good work Ableton HQ :)

q.musgrove

Post by q.musgrove » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:
8O wrote:
Hidden Driveways wrote:
My request for an organizational move would be the creation of a new forum category that compiles all recent posts from all categories. The Tape Op message board has one called MEGABOARD. Check it out:

http://messageboard.tapeop.com/index.php

Creating a MEGABOARD-like section for the Ableton forum will bring more attention to the on topic posts, and it will appease the users who will invariably miss the old General board. It's absolutely critical that you don't lose their participation in the community. The imposed isolation of The Lounge will likely drive them elsewhere.
Nope. Not at all. No one knows that thing is there, and it won't do anything to aid the building of a community. Creating a dedicated category that would aggregate all of the recent posts would keep the General forum flavor alive, while at the same time not making the forum look like the chaotic place that it is. All of the Ableton related posts will be organized, and all of The Lounge action will be separated. A MEGABOARD-like category will not kill the life that has existed here until now.

Tape Op used to have a great forum... then one day they made sweeping changes to cut down OT stuff in their General forum. They implemented that hideous GUI design (which is still there to this day), and they got rid of their General forum. Killing the General forum also killed their forum. They quickly realized this and created the MEGABOARD option. The MEGABOARD thing is okay (it's the only reason I go back to that forum at all). But this change was made back in 2003 and I still miss the old Tape Op. So does everyone else.

Ableton Live is an awesome program that brings together people from all different backgrounds, passions, and abilities. Having everyone jumbled together has served the company well, and I believe that killing that aspect of the forum would be a financial detriment in the long run.

I must say I agree!

Unanswered posts are not the entirety of new posts.

"I" for megaboard option :!:

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:29 pm

q.musgrove wrote: I must say I agree!

Unanswered posts are not the entirety of new posts.

"I" for megaboard option :!:
Unanswered posts link is top left. New posts link is top right.

q.musgrove

Post by q.musgrove » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:36 pm

DOHHH! :lol:

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:37 am

Hidden Driveways wrote:
Nope. Not at all. No one knows that thing is there, and it won't do anything to aid the building of a community.
I always use it... other people I know do too...
Last edited by alex.the.forge on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

hereschenes

Post by hereschenes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:43 am

This is the best thing ever. Now I can waste time more efficiently! :) Seriously thanks though, great idea. I don't mind some of the OT stuff but it's frustrating to wade through when you're searching the forums for the answer to a technical question.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:22 am

since some time I only use the "View new posts" option and don't care about any forum sections at all.

I miss some of the OT threads from times ago, I even learned some stuff about politics and philosophy here. really.