Tea

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ollyb303

Re: Tea

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:25 pm

This stuff is basically the dogs bollocks.

Milk and 2 for me.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Wow, didn't realize milk was such a popular additive for tea. Good thing I love milk. I'd get my own cow if the property manager allowed it.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:55 pm

beats me wrote:Wow, didn't realize milk was such a popular additive for tea. Good thing I love milk. I'd get my own cow if the property manager allowed it.
Have you tried it without milk? Bleeeuuuurrrgghh.
ob1techno.com

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Martyn wrote:
SubFunk wrote:light but tasty darjeeling.
+1 A much overlooked classic.

I'm just about to fly to the US, New York on Wednesday, New Orleans (to hook up with Neb) for the weekend and next week. Will I be able to get Tea? You know, proper tea like Angstrom correctly described? If not should i take some with me so I can breathe properly?

Yes you can but do it before you get to new orleans. Once there you should drink handgrenades, hurricanes and whiterussian daiquiris all made with double alchol. Maybe a bloody mary or two to get the morning started.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 pm

^ Heh, I'm thinking that after the superbowl result New Orleans Mardi gras should be a fairly lively event, correct?

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Martyn wrote:^ Heh, I'm thinking that after the superbowl result New Orleans Mardi gras should be a fairly lively event, correct?
Make sure Neb takes you to "Dixie Divas" for a proper Time. The nastiest strippers in Noly. I kid you not. :lol:

Tod
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:46 pm

ChiDJ wrote: Make sure Neb takes you to "Dixie Divas" for a proper Time. The nastiest strippers in Noly. I kid you not. :lol:

Tod
:lol: He has mentioned such a place, my long suffering gf is coming with me tho so it's probably a very bad idea. Tbh, I'm a bit scared actually.

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:45 pm

i dig japanese green tea, friend of mine has always something at home since he worked there for a while (his fuck buddy always sends something, thank you!). im not too much into japanese... so i dont know what exctly is it. but it rocks!
for everyday use im into flavorized überexpensive schmock tea. look up here:
http://www.samova.net/samova_2004/tee_start.php
im into scuba garden and team spirit.

tea is the new black,

1nfinitezer0

Post by 1nfinitezer0 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:31 pm

There's something about tea that can keep you from crashing in a way coffee cannot. Especially green tea, I can drink that strong (sometimes cold with a dash of lime) all night and stay sharp, moreso than energy drinks (*vibrates*).

I'm a bit of a tea snob, so I won't talk about my favs, but some suggestions:
-Buy loose/bulk tea from ethnic stores. It's cheap, quality is usually good, and you can make it strong. Too many cheap tea bags use bleach in some step of the process, and it mucks up the flavour.
-Don't oversteep! It'll taste better if you use lots of tea and steep it for less time than if you leave the same bag in your cup for however many cups you drink in three hours.
-Rooibos!!! Not from the Camellia sinensis species, so technically not tea, but the South Africans have a good thing here! No caffeine, but lots of anti-oxidants (like green tea) and it's invigorating in it's own right
-Yerba maté, also not a tea, but possibly the zoomiest caffeine source there is. Also contains theobromine, the chocolate chemical. Goto a spanish/portuguese grocer for this stuff too, 5x cheaper. And the organic stuff tends to be filled with stems, which is bollocks.

/me goes to start another pot

Salty P

Post by Salty P » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 pm

For those that know... :mrgreen:

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Yorkshire Tea rocks. I like the loose leaf in a proper pot.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:07 pm

this stuff is the greatest. It is in little packets, sweetened. It is both relaxing and invigorating, and the "lingzhi" mushroom has unique properties.

http://www.cheungstrading.com/index.php ... 1c83a258e1
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Salty P wrote:Image

For those that know... :mrgreen:
I have to say that if I'm not drinking Earl Grey, then it's Yorkshire all the way!
ob1techno.com

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:37 am

ChiDJ wrote:
Martyn wrote:^ Heh, I'm thinking that after the superbowl result New Orleans Mardi gras should be a fairly lively event, correct?
Make sure Neb takes you to "Dixie Divas" for a proper Time. The nastiest strippers in Noly. I kid you not. :lol:

Tod

Martyn-It will be an experience that is truly unique in the states. Enjoy!! If your girl likes art there are tons of great tiny local galleries to explore, dont miss the body art photog one. If she likes to gamble sit her down in harrahs for a few hours and do the boys thing.

tod-Where is dixie divas? I want to go :-) Nothing could be dirtier than the girls from the sexclub on bourbon. Its maybe one level down from a donkey show.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:47 am

i never used to drink it until one day i was nauseous and tried drinking some tea with ginger in it. Made me feel so much better and the tea was really good it got me hooked. I drink any kind of liquorish tea. Right now drinking Yogi Egyptian licorice tea.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::