Automation not being rendered as audio.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Fizmarble

Automation not being rendered as audio.

Post by Fizmarble » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:46 am

The manual reads: "Any parameter automations are rendered as part of the audio file for frozen Arrangement
View clips." But when I flatten a frozen track, the automation is not rendered. Can anyone tell me how to render my tracks with speaker on automation and track volume automation? I thought Freeze was my friend for this.

Live 8.1.1 PC Windows 7

frequentare

Re: Automation not being rendered as audio.

Post by frequentare » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:03 am

could as simple as making sure the effect your automating is " ON " before you freeze -

kryz

Post by kryz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 am

I have a similar problem with automation. When I play back my arrangement with the recorded automations of send effects the red scene button keeps lighting up and bypassing the automation recorded in the arrangement. This happens even when there's no external controller connected. That's on 8.08 with a macbook pro core 2 duo 2.8 Ghz.
Maybe this is a bug that has been fixed in a later version? I switched back from 8.1 because there were too many bugs...
Or is there something else I missed?

jamief

Post by jamief » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:21 am

kryz wrote:I have a similar problem with automation. When I play back my arrangement with the recorded automations of send effects the red scene button keeps lighting up and bypassing the automation recorded in the arrangement. This happens even when there's no external controller connected. That's on 8.08 with a macbook pro core 2 duo 2.8 Ghz.
Maybe this is a bug that has been fixed in a later version? I switched back from 8.1 because there were too many bugs...
Or is there something else I missed?
i have never ever had this problem.

do_om

Post by do_om » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:04 am

kryz wrote:I have a similar problem with automation. When I play back my arrangement with the recorded automations of send effects the red scene button keeps lighting up and bypassing the automation recorded in the arrangement.
Had that same problem, though only on one track and in one project so I thought it was a fluke.

Fizmarble

Post by Fizmarble » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Maybe I should clarify something. I haven't even tried yet to automate devices, it's only track automation that I would like to automate so far. Like If I had a piano track and wanted to turn the track off and on every 1/4 note, then when I render it, I should see a wave form where every other 1/4 note is "empty" or zero amplitude. But instead, it keeps the wave form wholly intact.

Fizmarble

Post by Fizmarble » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:44 pm

I just tried in Live 7 and still, Live's automation is not rendered to the audio by freezing and flattening. So what are my options here?

ciw

Post by ciw » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:59 pm

I don't think freeze freezes track mute and volume, and probably not pan either. It's more convenient that way if you think about it, means you can tweak mixer settings for a frozen track.

If you want to freeze these, automate them on a utility plugin instead.

Fizmarble

Post by Fizmarble » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:30 pm

ciw wrote:I don't think freeze freezes track mute and volume, and probably not pan either. It's more convenient that way if you think about it, means you can tweak mixer settings for a frozen track.

If you want to freeze these, automate them on a utility plugin instead.
Good suggestion. I guess I was using Live "The wrong way".