Thank GOD no Kid Beyond Threads in Fucking Ages...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
davepermen

Re: Thank GOD no Kid Beyond Threads in Fucking Ages...

Post by davepermen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 pm

you directly open post bashing a) kid beyond or b) the people who post at "link your music" for being mindless minimal-techno-crap with no creativity or heart or what ever.

you deserve to get bashed for this behavior, as it's not nice behavior. i would never say something like that against you, or your music. i could maybe say "i don't really like your music", or have ideas for improvements that would be states as being completely imho.

but just flaming them, bashing them, always bashing 'tarnce', deep house, etc. mindlessly is sorta musical racism. and something i really hate with passion.

i've nothing against you, i think you're a cool guy. but that behavior is unacceptable for me. is that so hard to understand?
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:35 pm

^I actually think that to say he "mindlessly bashes" them is a mischaracterization. It is quite a mindful bashing :mrgreen:
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:36 pm

mikemc wrote:^I actually think that to say he "mindlessly bashes" them is a mischaracterization. It is quite a mindful bashing :mrgreen:

yeah, definitely.. /sarcasm

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:47 pm

lol. C'mon Dave. Can't a guy have a little bashing Hate On fun around the forum? It's a good cure for what sometimes ails ya!
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:48 pm

i don't like it. don't see the fun in it. i don't have much fun in hurting people, and don't like others doing so. there are much more wise ways to have fun. but i know that teenagers and old grumpy men have that need ^^ /runs away now :)

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Okay. I'll say something positive. mikemc's music is incredibly refreshing and fantastic. Especially amid the constant drone of shite filled disco beats that emerge fr........ SHIT! There I go again!

Dude. It IS hard to stay positive.

:oops:

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:50 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Okay. I'll say something positive. mikemc's music is incredibly freshing and fantastic. Especially amid the constant drone of shite filled disco beats that emerge fr........ SHIT! There I go again!

Dude. It IS hard to stay positive.

:oops:
yes it is. yes, it is.. :)

the dark side is strong.. :)

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:57 pm

^Big LULZ i for one gots to luv the LSZ. :lol:

fwiw (and if my posting kills this thread only so much the better now that i haz been so haterd ;-) )

I share some of the frustration with the multitude of genres, but I also see that anyone who isn't really into electronic music is not going to differentiate between variants of house or techno. They will call it "electronic dance music" or "disco" and that is about it.

On the other hand, and this is maybe my 'passion point' or where I take a stand or whatever-- to be able to have the wherewithal to improvise any kind of piece fully formed using the technology, more or less on the fly, that is something.

If the piece does not have the same depth or breadth as one more painstakingly composed is not so much the thing, it is that it is fully formed right then and there more or less in real time. The recording of it, the 'end product', is more a snapshot of the feat. So there is some juggling to all of it, yes.

For myself, I don't try to be one thing or another, I do all kinds of weird crap, some of it truly frightens me.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Thread's just about jealousy...Kid Beyond makes more money/gets more recognition/gigs with less effort and less gear, period.

It's a common trait among the common to dog people who do better.

LSZ, let us know when you get somewhere with your music, I'll be sure and pick up some eggs and tomatoes on the way to your next gig on your international tour.

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:54 pm

mikemc wrote: If the piece does not have the same depth or breadth as one more painstakingly composed is not so much the thing, it is that it is fully formed right then and there more or less in real time. The recording of it, the 'end product', is more a snapshot of the feat. So there is some juggling to all of it, yes.

For myself, I don't try to be one thing or another, I do all kinds of weird crap, some of it truly frightens me.
it's that ignorance that i hate about something not being the same depth. it's different. but a lot of music is made with a lot of passion and love, and they all go (with their abilities and knowledge) as deep as they can to create something they think exciting. i do with my stupid 4/4 kicks 'commercial electrohouse music' that just tries to copy deadmau5 and shows absolute lack of creativity and just sucks anyways, as it's music you can just experience with drugs in a club and a lot of alcohol (i guess, that would be how zebra would look at my music). for me, it's a passion, and i love to do it, and i love every bit of the music, how it evolves, how every sound gets handmade and designed by me, etc. it's very much work put in, much knowledge has to be gathered, understood and applied, and combined with heart and feelings to find what sounds nice imho.

for me, rock is "just the same damn 4 coords" anyways (and that is all genres that are based on a singer, a drummer, and someone at the guitar/piano. so not much to get there.. but those that do, and love it, they get much out of it. just as i do with "stupid dance music".

and this is why it really hurts to get bashed around that way.

oh, and btw. zebra means it in funny ways, i think. but i don't know how far he believes in his statements. which is the issue. others believe that stuff. see sony music, not considering electronic music 'real music', and essentially killing the whole swiss marked because of that. no radio plays it, no record stores have it anymore.

it really hurts to get pushed into a "noncreative effordless heartless music anyone can do" when that's exactly what you do, with creative thoughts, with lots of efford, and with much heart.

and it's not like i haven't played the guitar for 12 years, played in a band for 4 years, was playing in orchestras for theatre acts and such. so it's not like i don't know other music :) this is actually where i started to learn that any music has it's beaty. some, you just don't understand yet and have to learn it.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 pm

john doe by choice wrote:LSZ, let us know when you get somewhere with your music

Okay. I'm somewhere. Where the fuck are you?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:20 pm

davepermen wrote: zebra means it in funny ways

Yes!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:23 pm

john doe by choice wrote:Thread's just about jealousy...Kid Beyond makes more money/gets more recognition/gigs with less effort and less gear, period.
Not true at all. I love a lot of artists who are filthy rich dirty scoundrels who climbed over their betters on the way to the top.

DRStudio

Post by DRStudio » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:36 pm

This thread should be merged with this one.

Cmon, you guys are messing with The Lounge! We should create another forum named The Sarcasm and leave the lounge alone. Somebody call Dom or Dennis or the Abes cops.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Wait. Isn't that what the Lounge is for? Hooliganism?

At this point in the thread, this is me about to go over the edge - and you guys giving me a helping hand. :lol: