Shortcut for "abort & restart recording"

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
ohrobot

Shortcut for "abort & restart recording"

Post by ohrobot » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:05 am

I checked the manual but couldn't find this. Is there a keyboard shortcut for "abort & restart recording" a clip and "abort recording" (stop recording and removing the clip)?

Those are the actions I need the most in my daily work. I guess they must be somehow covered with shortcuts. I'd appreciate any help.

tlennon

Re: Shortcut for "abort & restart recording"

Post by tlennon » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Undo is the only option you have. PC Ctl-Z. This will not restart the clip but will allow you to re-record on the same track when it loops back to the beginning of the clip.
Terrence Lennon

Eric Zang

Post by Eric Zang » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:31 pm

You may want to consider using a third party macro program. I haven't used one with Live yet (I'm relatively new to it), but in Sonar I have many macros using the free program http://www.autohotkey.com/

It is a bit complex at first to learn, but most of the time it works quite well and is very flexible. It can also automate mouse moves.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:34 pm

If it is for external audio takes (and not recording clips that are playing in session view), you can hit spacebar to stop as usual.

The Global Record button turns off.

You could have something assigned to turning that back on.

Then to Continue recording from where you left off, you hold Shift while you hit Spacebar, and it continues.