Someone pulled a gun on me the other day

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ethios4

Re: Someone pulled a gun on me the other day

Post by ethios4 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm

smartass303 wrote:israel-critic, the new raging antisemitism.
live in southern israel a few months, youre gonna be happy about the idf guys.

fucking nazi asshole,
Criticizing Israeli policy doesn't make you an anti-semite or a nazi. In fact, it's insulting to victims of actual anti-semitism to equate the two.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 pm

ethios4 wrote:
smartass303 wrote:israel-critic, the new raging antisemitism.

fucking nazi asshole,
Criticizing Israeli policy doesn't make you an anti-semite or a nazi. In fact, it's insulting to victims of actual anti-semitism to equate the two.
Calling an individual "you murderous pig" just because he served his country is not criticizing Israeli policy, or criticizing anything for that matter, it is crude behaviour, unjustified personal attack, no surprise that it draws such a comments as it did.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:57 pm

^ right, it's not criticizing Israeli policy, so I don't know how the discussion turned into Israel-critic=anti-semitic nazi asshole.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:03 pm

stfu you morons.. take your political shit to the general forum
this is the lounge :lol:

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:06 pm

ethios4 wrote:^ right, it's not criticizing Israeli policy, so I don't know how the discussion turned into Israel-critic=anti-semitic nazi asshole.
I guess it is exactly like those road situations, someone loaded with aggression, for whatsoever reasons, will take any opportunity to vent it. Like if looking for opportunity - for a kid with a hammer anything looks like a nail. Someone else loaded in similar way and voila, have them at each other throats.
I witness some insane situations on the autobahns. Drivers cutting each other, overtaking left/right, then full breaking in front of the other, like real road fights. Absolutely insane, those involved don't care about the rest of people on the road, "normal" individuals turning into "killers" just because of someone's mistake, some silly gesture or whatever.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Israel moment for b0unce. shocking.

I for one could stand for another anti-U2 rant, though. Either in this thread or another. Doesn't matter.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

dum

Post by dum » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 pm

smartass303 wrote: israel-critic, the new raging antisemitism.

fucking nazi asshole,

I wish I could say I'm surprised by this response. But you seem to be blissfully unaware that it's dripping with sad irony.

Another guilt ridden german speaking with extreme indifference to the suffering of others.
You call me a Nazi in the same breath as justifying the actions of the IDF .... it's too sad to be lol worthy.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:08 pm

beats me wrote:If you don't live there then STFU.
Oh great. Now we can add glorious American Apathy™ to the mix. And coming from beats me no less, a humanitarian/political powerhouse within the forum - LOL.

if you don't care, it is you who should STFU. Idiot.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 pm

guilt ridden german no2 wrote: Calling an individual "you murderous pig" just because he served his country is not criticizing Israeli policy, or criticizing anything for that matter, it is crude behaviour, unjustified personal attack, no surprise that it draws such a comments as it did.
The Nazis were only serving their country too. How do you feel about that ?
'we didn't know' ...should be the german mantra. The citizens glossed over one genocide, and now their indifference to another one is inspired by ...what...guilt ? ...

you tell me, you seem to be the expert.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 pm

stupid comparison by a stupid person.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:16 pm

another brilliant contribution soldier.

:roll:

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:22 pm

dum wrote:
guilt ridden german no2 wrote: Calling an individual "you murderous pig" just because he served his country is not criticizing Israeli policy, or criticizing anything for that matter, it is crude behaviour, unjustified personal attack, no surprise that it draws such a comments as it did.
The Nazis were only serving their country too. How do you feel about that ?
'we didn't know' ...should be the german mantra. The citizens glossed over one genocide, and now their indifference to another one is inspired by ...what...guilt ? ...

you tell me, you seem to be the expert.
You are going way too far now.

Comparing his actions to the Nazi's is ridiculous when Israel is attacked regularly. There's much I don't agree with about with Israeli policy, but I'm smart enough to know where to direct my criticism, which apparently you are not.

These people are not Nazi's. There are legitimate reasons to criticize and legitimate reasons why both sides are at war and why they have been at war.

Your rationale is completely ignorant to the reality of the region, the reality of history and the reality of war.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:25 pm

anyways..dumdum...I'm a lover.not a fighter.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:31 pm

elxicano wrote: You are going way too far now.

Comparing his actions to the Nazi's is ridiculous when Israel is attacked regularly. There's much I don't agree with about with Israeli policy, but I'm smart enough to know where to direct my criticism, which apparently you are not.

These people are not Nazi's. There are legitimate reasons to criticize and legitimate reasons why both sides are at war and why they have been at war.

Your rationale is completely ignorant to the reality of the region, the reality of history and the reality of war.
Au contraire mon frere!
It seems to be you who is cherry picking history here.
Do you need me to spoon feed it to you ?
Do you ?
Do you really ?

dum

Post by dum » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 pm

3dot... wrote:anyways..dumdum...I'm a lover.not a fighter.
That's hilariously dark.
Your input to this discussion is always going to be weak one liners and wishy washy bullshit.
A self confessed soldier of the IDF surely has more tangible contributions, especially if he claims to be a ''lover'' :roll: